SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gr8daygw

Has anyone had success using a 10's unit?

gr8daygw
9 years ago

I had knee surgery in December for a torn meniscus. It was so painful before surgery I felt like life as I had known it was over. I love to jog/walk though not abusively so. Before surgery I was faithfully running about 2 miles a day with walking another 2 miles. This helps me to keep my weight down which is also a problem for me. To make a long story short, I must have gone back to doing my regular activities too soon because it is starting to feel like it is ready to get just as bad as before the surgery. It's not nearly as painful but I can tell if I pushed it, it would be. It's that back of the knee along with the inside of the knee pain and it's clicking when I walk. I gained weight again from not being able to work out like I was and I am depressed about all of this. Even a few pounds makes such a difference in how my knees and feet feel and my level of energy is much lower. I'm not huge but I need to be thinner to save my joints for the future and for my wellbeing all around.

I started using a 10's unit but wonder if this is just more commercial gadget remedy garbage or if it actually has some merit. I've been using it for a couple of weeks with not much difference. I can see that if you could increase blood flow to the area it would aid in healing but what really is the benefit? I can read about it but they make such claims that I am not inclined to believe everything I read. Additionally if it's so great why don't doctors use it? Should I continue with it or is this a waste of time? I just can't lose anymore ground where my knee is concerned and with our new insurance I am afraid they will not pay to keep having surgery or a knee replacement. Though most everyone I spoke to at the rehab after surgery said before their knee replacement they had torn meniscus surgery that eventually ended up as a knee replacement.
So, have any of you ever used a 10's unit? I am interested to know of your experiences. I'm including a photo but it's a cell phone picture and makes my leg look huge but may be helpful to see how I am using it. I don't always put the tabs in these places but just for descriptive purposes placed them so you could see them.
Tens Unit

Comments (5)

Sponsored