Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple Cider Vinegar

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 8:28

Has anyone used this for high cholesterol, weight loss, etc.? Has it worked?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple Cider Vinegar

It's great in salad dressing.

It has no effect on high cholsterol or body weight.

Eat less, exercise more!

o

My doctor recommended it to me, but I didn't notice any change.

o

I take it daily for my stomach problems and haven't noticed much weight loss and have no idea if it affects cholesterol. It has helped all sorts of other things so I will continue to take it forever. It is so much more effective than any acid reflux pill, and I have taken them all.

o

trianglejohn, how much do you take and when? I also have acid reflux and would like to find something to take other than pills.

o

I "slurp" about a half a capfull right before I brush my teeth and go to bed. I assume that is like a teaspoon. For some reason the harsh taste bothers me less if I slurp it with lots of bubbles of air instead of just drinking it. Some people pour it onto a piece of bread and eat the bread.

I like vinegar. I eat lots of pickles and olives. But straight apple cider vinegar is still very harsh tasting to me. I have posted advice about taking it on various threads here in the health forum so you might wanna dig through the old posts to read more or just google it and read the more scientific stuff out there. The main thing is that in the beginning you will feel awful immediately after you drink it. You will be convinced that you have just poisoned yourself - it is truly awful. But in a few minutes all the symptoms die down and you will notice that for the first time that day your acid levels feel normal and that the pains in your chest are gone.

o

I purchased it today and mixed 2 tablespoons in 8 ozs. of water. The taste didn't really bother me that much and I didn't feel bad after taking it.. I used Bragg Raw-Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the 'Monther". It contains no preservatives. Did I purchase the right one?

I took it about 1/2 hour ago but my heartburn came back when I ate something just now. Shouldn't it have been gone?

o

What mine seems to do is help whatever is in my stomach move on into the intestines. I've only taken it after I've eaten. I imagine if your heartburn came back you would have to take it again.

I just use regular cheap grocery store apple cider vinegar and I drink it straight. I am afraid to mix it with anything because my stomach is already full and any additional liquid would just push more acid up into my chest.

After I've slurpped it, it's as if all the food in my stomach is gone. The top of my stomach might tingle a little but the weird pains that I normally get from acid reflux are gone. My esophagus, throat and chest all feel normal.

o

My doctor takes it herself and has recommended it to many patients.

o

One thing I noticed after taking it, my sleep is deeper and I'm dreaming more.

o

If you want to solve high cholesterol, check the fat content of EVERYTHING you buy, and I mean everything. If there is more than 6g of fat per 100g, forget it! This includes many muesli and health food bars! Only 1 t of fat in any cooking (add water to fry instead), only use low fat cheese, and cut out all sweet drinks. You will note the results immediately! I lost 10kg!! No nuts !! Yes cider vinegar or any vinegar is an excellent replacement for slad dressing..with some lemon pepper or seasoned salt :) And I use vegie salt as a low salt alternative.

o

You might find this site interesting about vinegar

Here is a link that might be useful: The Vinegar Page

o

It may or may not help with cholesterol, but I have definitely felt it curb my appetite. If I drink a small glass of water with about two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, I can not eat as much as I would regularly.

I am also convinced that it helps your digestive system work better.

I've been so happy with the results I started a blog that details the many uses of ACV - www.drinkapplecidervinegar.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Drink Apple Cider Vinegar

o

JAY FROM FEB 11, 2009: I love your blog Drink Apple Cider Vinegar. I highly recommend it to all. I know that ACV works. It is a natural antibiotic. It helps to remove belly fat. It makes your day better. Just brush your teeth faithfully after imbibing. The pills do not work as well, but they do work a little. You are very creative and I'm glad to know that somewhere out there is someone who is so dedicated to good health and longevity by using a natural healthy alternative to drugs drugs and more drugs. P.S. Your pictures are fantastico!!!!!! Everybody go to his blog. I don't even know the guy, I swear, but he's a genius. Kittie Cory

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here