SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
passport4vicki

Pacemaker Surgery - Should I Go Help?

Vicki Pidgeon
16 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, usually hang at the quilting and embroidery area. My mom (in Boston) will have a pacemaker put in next week. We knew it was needed to be done for months, but just got the surgery date yesterday.

My question is: should I travel to Boston to help her? I have one sister that lives nearby. She is a single parent and has her hands full. She does live with her boyfreind, he can help her. The short notice makes it more costly for me to fly there. I'd have to bring my youngest with me. My high-schooler will be ok with my husband here in California. I have plans to travel to So Ca to visit my sister when her son is to be home on leave from Iraq. My sister could use my help for a b-day party for my nephew as she can not drive due to an eye vision condition called RP.

Has anyone been through the pacemaker procedure? My mom sais she does not need me to come help when I offered yesterday. But today she told my sister she wished she had the surgery when she was there visiting last month. My husband said if my mom wanted me there she would have told me so. You can probably tell I am very confused. Should I let my mom decide? I am not sure she would ask for help. How bad is the recovery?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH