SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimhoof

Lasting Bronchitis with small streaks of blood...

aimhoof
14 years ago

I am a 23 year old female with asthma and allergies. I get bronchitis pretty often, so I try to keep an extra prescription for antibiotics, steroids, and a cough syrup on hold at the pharmacy. On July 27, I decided I had bronchitis and took what medicine I had (still come cough syrup from last time and picked up the antibiotics and steroids after consulting doctor).

On August 6, I went to the doctor because I had ran out of medicine but had not improved at all. At this point, I would notice a small streak of blood in the coughed up phlegm about once a day. I was given prescriptions for prednisone, Cephalexen, and cheratussin. I finished these with no improvemment. I am noticing streaks of blood a little more often (2-3 times daily).

On August 21, I went back to the doctor and had a chest xray done...no pneumonia to be found. I was given prescriptions for prednisone, Ciprofloxacin, and more cheratussin. Today every time I would work phlegm up (coughing or clearing throat) it had small streaks of bright red blood in it. I was told on the 21st that if this round of medicine doesn't help, we'll be doing a pulmonary function test.

I have never had so much trouble getting rid of bronchitis and have never had blood in my phlegm. Has anyone else had this? I think this is something other than bronchitis because of how tired I am and out of breath, but I could be wrong. What does this sound like to you guys?

Comments (5)

Sponsored