Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chronic itching on a small spot on the arm

Posted by Jenn (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 12, 04 at 0:03

My husband has a spot on his forearm that feels like a pin is sticking it and this causes it to feel almost chronically itchy. There's also a spot on the other arm, in almost the same spot, that feels the same way but to a lesser degree I think. This started about a month ago; before that, he had a similar spot on his leg several inches above the knee.

It's driving him crazy! Any idea what this could be?

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chronic itching on a small spot on the arm

There is a chance, if he has been out in the woods or in heavy brush, that it could be enbedded tick parts. The tick bites and in scratched off before you known it's on and it leaves the head buried under the skin. It takes forever for the spot to clear up. Yes, it will drive you beserk!! Been there and done that!

If that's what it is, I got good relief from a cortizone anti-itch salve. Put on a blob and cover it with a bandaid.

However, I think I would get a dermatologist to check it out, just in case.

o

Thanks PB. I suggested a cortisone cream might bring relief but we've forgotten about it the last few days while working around the house. You know the commercial with the woman who scratches her arm to the sound of a jackhammer? Hubby relates to her. :-)

I'll mention the possibility of tick bites and see what he thinks. He hasn't been out in the woods but he does work out in the yard.

Jen

o

Bug bite or ringworm?

o

I had something like this. Turned out to be eczema. I was prescribed elidel and it works like a charm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here