Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
panic attacks

Posted by lillykay (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 28, 07 at 23:56

Hello I`m new here and i was wondering if anyone else has had panic attacks, i have had them since i was 19 and still havent got anything to help i have been on all kinds of meds and also take nerve pills there are times when i just wish i could die , i dont know what to do can anyone help thank you lillykay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: panic attacks

I had my first anxiety attack at age 23 while in the trans-bay tube on BART. I was reading a book, and glad when the train stopped there because I wanted to finish the chapter that I was reading. Five minutes into the delay, it "hit" me, Big Time!!!, and for no apparent reason. I couldn't breath, my heart started beating so hard and fast, there was a tingling in my mouth, I was dizzy and I felt like I was going to pass out and die.

That was the first but by no means the last. After that, I started getting them all the time, in weird places, such as: elevators, planes, bridges, freeway overpasses, building higher than 6 floors.

I take Klonopin now for it; however, during the initial stage I would take 5 mg. Valium, which helped immensly.

o

I'm not sure if my anxiety attacks are the same as panic attacks but I understand what you are saying when you say some days you wish you would just die. I've felt that way numerous times. I don't like having to deal with the feelings that accompany the attack. You said that you have tried numerous meds. What have you been on? I take Ativan and Buspar because I can't take SSRI's which seems to be the drug of choice by doctors for anxiety. NOt sure why. Have you tried any type of therapy? You have to find the right person who specializes in anxiety. Not sure if any of this helps but just communicating with others helps. You don't feel so helpless....Keep posting

o

Panic and anxiety attacks can be a symptom of thyroid or other problems. The link below is a thread from the Stop the Thyroid Madness website. Other threads on the site may be helpful as well.

I just found out I am hypothyroid and am awaiting tests to see what else is going on with me, but I have been having a lot of anxiety the past few weeks while waiting to get the medications right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thyroid and Anxiety

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here