SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

I finally have a disability hearing date!

downsouth
18 years ago

If anyone remembers, I posted last year about applying for disability. I was denied and hired an attorney. My hearing date has been set for September 13. I have a form called "Medical Assessment of Ability to Do Work-Related Activities" that I need to take to two doctors to be filled out. My atorney said these forms should have identical answers. Do I give the answers to the doctors and then they sign the forms?

There are hard to answer questions on this form, like can you sit 6 of 8 hours? Of course, the answer is NO, but it asks how long can you sit? I can sit longer if I'm in a recliner, but there's no space to put that, only one blank line for one answer - How long can the claimant sit?

____ Hours

As far as standing, I can't stand anymore than an hour as my left foot goes numb. I seldom drive anymore. I want to be truthful, but I want to be believeable as well. DH said I should put 2 hours standing, 2 hours sitting, "no" to any lifting and "no" to any pushing/pulling questions. I think I will just tell the doctor 1 to 2 hours on the standing and 1 to 2 hours on the sitting. I can sit longer at home, but I have to sit in a recliner.

My attorney said these forms are very important as to whether a person gets disability or not, as your doctor signs the form confirming your answers. I was diagnosed with DDD (degenerative disc disease) in 1997 which has gotten much worse over the years. Last summer I was also diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. My doctor told me in May there is no surgery that can be done, just stay drugged all the time I guess is the answer.

Dee

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living