Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fractured foot -Would love to hear from anyone

Posted by Ginny_Ca (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 31, 04 at 21:32

Ok, another first. It's such fun, this second half of life!! Podiatrist took x-rays for pain and swelling where toes join foot. Showed a fracture in one of the metatarsals/bones. He put me in a soft boot for a month and suggested I not work as I'm a nurse and am constantly on my feet, walking up and down the halls.

I don't feel the pain on the ball of my foot anymore, probably due to the boot which is keeping my toes from flexing.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has experienced this.

Thanks,
Ginny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fractured foot -Would love to hear from anyone

Well.... I fell, twisted and rolled my ankle over nearly two years ago and fractured my right foot. The break was a little to the front and below the ankle. This isn't similar to your fracture, but the fact that the boot is helping control your pain is great. My entire foot never stopped hurting for months and was swollen for over a year. I would certainly follow the dr's. suggestion and give your foot a chance to heal well... It's not until we have trouble with our feet that we realize how precious and delicate they are. Does he have you wearing compression hose? I pray you have a wonderful recovery, Ginny. ~abreeze

o
RE: Fractured foot -Would love to hear from anyone

I had a similar thing happen to me, Abreeze. Fell while I was running in college, figured the ankle was sprained and never went to the doctor, though the foot hurt for months. (Stupid me, at least back then.)

Six months later, I finally saw a doctor who took X-rays and told me that I had a fracture.

Good luck to you. I'm glad you're not in pain, but how annoying!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here