SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicesrestaurant

Device to assist lifting

alicesRestaurant
18 years ago

I have some health problems which are sapping my strength. Some of it is age but not all. In some cases, I can actually do the job of lifting maybe 15 or 20 lbs (to a height of 3 or 3 1/2 feet) but I suffer later. (There are some things I would like to lift that I can't even attempt.)

Was wondering if there might be some device I could buy that would assist. I kinda would prefer something mechanical rather than electrical but open to either.

I would be surprised if I was the only person to want/need this kind of device so thought I'd check with others if they have heard of anything like it.

More background: I would prefer something "off the shelf" but to show the kind of thing I think I want, I was thinking I could have someone build something like a small A-Frame that would have a chain attached with a hook and belt. I could tie the belt around the item, 20 pounds to 100 pounds maybe, not good at estimating weights. Crank the item off the ground to the height I want (back of SUV would be 3 ft, 4ft height would be maximum). Then I could swing the item into the SUV and detach.

For example I have a small bathroom sink inside a cardboard box that is about 20X20X10 inches. I realize as I'm writing this that sometimes the bulkiness of the item causes more of a hardship than the weight. This weighs maybe 10 or 15 pounds. I need to transport it to someone. Would love some assistance in getting this into the car.

Another example, I have a small lime tree in a fairly large/heavy pot that needs to be moved into the garage during cold spells. Would like this lift device to help me lift the pot and put on a cart. Also, to take it off the cart and put it on the ground.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--Alice

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia