Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you take for anxiety?

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 18:15

Can you share with me what you take for anxiety and does it work. Also, did you go to therapy and was prescribed medication by them or did you go to a MD and they prescribed something for you. I just wanted to see what works for everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you take for anxiety?

Hi Deedee,

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any replies here, and I don't have an answer for you, but there is another place you could go called the Health Board. They have forums there on almost anything you can think of, and I noticed anxiety is one. They are listed alphabetically. Maybe you can get some information there. Good luck.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Health Boards

o

I have been taking Lexapro for the past 2 years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). It relieved my symptoms immediately. No side effects. I was also prescribed Xanax to use if needed. I hardy ever have to take the Xanax. I went to my regular MD when I knew my anxiety was becoming overwhelming and affecting my life.

o

My husband has been on Lexapro for about 6 years. He had a "nervous breakdown" one day, and became almost totally unable to deal with life. He was severely depressed and had obsessive concerns over his health. The lexapro seemed to work very well for him, but as with any medication, it may take several weeks to 2 months to begin working. He also took xanax for coverage during the time when the lexapro was just starting to build in his system.
Xanax is better for specific episodes of anxiety, rather than using it all the time.

o

I am on Wellbutrin. It works well for me with no side effects. I have Valium if I need (take it about once every 3-4 weeks) also have Ambien, because nothing triggers an attack like not being able to sleep.

o

Klonopin, 1 to 2 miligrams a day or as needed.

o

Zoewolf what type of drug is Klonopin. I've heard of it and I would like to talk to my doctor about something different. Is it the same type of drug like Xanax, Ativan which are in the classes of benzos. I've been taking Ativan everyday for about 2 months 1 tablet 0.5 mg a day because that seems to be the only thing that really makes the anxiety quiet down. And how long have you been taking it. Do you take it just for anxiety and what are your symptoms of anxiety. Thanks

o

Klonopan is in the benzodiazepine class and is prescribed as an antiseizure and antipanic drug.

I just posted this today, under "Panic Attacks" on this forum:

I had my first anxiety attack at age 23 while in the trans-bay tube on BART. I was reading a book, and glad when the train stopped there because I wanted to finish the chapter that I was reading. Five minutes into the delay, it "hit" me, Big Time!!!, and for no apparent reason. I couldn't breath, my heart started beating so hard and fast, there was a tingling in my mouth, I was dizzy and I felt like I was going to pass out and die.
That was the first but by no means the last. After that, I started getting them all the time, in weird places, such as: elevators, planes, bridges, freeway overpasses, building higher than 6 floors.

I take Klonopin now for it; however, during the initial stage I would take 5 mg. Valium, which helped immensly.

o

take a tea but im 15 years old i just cant stop thinking about the panic attacks that happend to me so i take like three teas that are calld Passiflora tea it clams me down i recamenit you can get it at a herba life store or drug store thanks

o
citalopram is that one good

i cant drive i cry alot i need to go to work i have to depend on people i hate that im 62 its very scary panic attacks like you want die i need a miracal drug for my brain

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here