SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Is this a constant panic attack?

catherinet
15 years ago

I'm in hell right now.

I've always been an anxious depressed person, but could get out of it for periods of time without meds. I don't like meds. I have so many side-effects from them.

5 weeks ago, I was working hard in the garden and had something happen. It caused a fast heartbeat, higher BP, and panic. I haven't felt good since. I saw my doc and he did an EKG and labs, and they were okay.

I've been waiting for it to go away, but it seems to be worsening. A few days ago, I finally gave in, and started a beta blocker for my heartrate.

The next day, I felt the worst ever.....sweating, weak, fast heartrate.......just feeling like I would die.

I went to the ER and they did tests and had me stay over night. My cardiac enzymes are normal, but now I have to have a stress test on Tuesday.

I feel sick all the time.........breaking out in a sweat, nauseous, weak, panicky......feel like I'm dying. Even xanax doesn't seem to help much.

Can this be "panic disorder"? Does it really last so long and feel like you're dying??? I think I'm going to be forced into antidepressants, which I hate, since I have so many side-effects to meds. I'm 58 and have fibromyalgia and have recently been through menopause. I don't know what the hell is going on, but its awful!

Is this what panic disorder feels like? I keep thinking the docs aren't looking far enough into a physical problem. My thyroid and blood sugar are okay.

There's always something, isn't there????

Comments (13)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz