Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
proper diet for this ... crohns or ?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 14:29

My sister has been diagnosed with either crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis. Does anyone with either of these have suggestions for a proper diet, medication, etc.?? She has been ill for so long & needs a good proper diet to now build up her strength. She had colon cancer & has had a colostomy for years.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: proper diet for this ... crohns or ?

There is a great book called The Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall. It takes hard work and is difficult to start but once you are on it your body really resets itself and this is without medication. Here is a the Amazon link. Check out the reviews. I do a diet similar for my health conditions - it's hard but so worth it!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Vicious-Cycle-Intestinal-Through/product-reviews/0969276818/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

o
RE: proper diet for this ... crohns or ?

Thank you! I guess it all amounts to what each individual tolerates best. She loves to snack on 'Wheatables' which I think would be a 'No-No' for Crohn's/ulcerative colitis! She has been so weak for so long before this diagnosis was made so I hope she can get some of her strength back now with a proper diagnosis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here