SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aaaaaaaa_gw

Safe sanitary napkins?

aaaaaaaa
16 years ago

Hi,

I have some itching in the pelvic area from past two to two and half years. I consulted my Primary care and was told that the color of my prescribed multi Vitamins may be the cause for itching. Dr changed the vit but still the problem continued. About two months ago, I started having severe itching and it spread to my vaginal and bikini area . I consulted the same Dr, she said that it could be the cause on of the soap, detergents, sanitary napkins that I use or could be any other thing. I was at that time using Oil of Olay body wash, Tide detergent and Always napkins. She told me to change it to Dove and Stayfree. At the same time prescribed some anti-itch cream and oral medication. With medication the itch did not go away. However, itch reduced to certain extent because of the cream. During next periods, I promptly used Stayfree napkins. But the itching started again with the very contact of stay free napkins. For immediate solution, I went back to olden days style of wearing cotton cloth. And worked from home for couple of days. This was very comfortable in dealing with itching(did not have any itching), however very uncomfortable because of leaks and etc. Now the itch is still there (on and offÂnot so severe). The days I have some itching I apply ÂCortizoneÂ1%Â and move on without any problem. Now, my mine concern is Âwhat will I do for my next periods? Though using cloth donÂt cause itching, it has various other disadvantages to it. I am not sure which napkins are safe for me? Is there any reason for this kind of itching? Are there any specific napkins that I can use? Is there any solution at all? Amazingly there is no boils, bumps or any kind of skin damage on the itched area. I am 37 years oldÂif this is of any use to help me. I stopped using bleach and softener in my laundry and use only organic detergent. And I do not drink, smoke or take drugs. I do not have lies. Thanks

Comments (20)

Sponsored