SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurie_ky6

Vein treatment center for rosacea??

laurie_ky6
15 years ago

I'm wondering if any of you have tried a vein treatment center for rosacea care? There are several in the city where I live, and some of them advertise that physicians conduct all treatments. What can I expect? Are there any issues I should be aware of?

I've been under the care of a couple of dermatologists for seven years, but my rosacea is worse now than ever. Five years ago I had laser surgery to shrink enlarged capillaries (caused by the rosacea) at the clinic the dermatology group runs, and I could go there again. My hesitance is mostly due to being annoyed with the dermatologist I've been assigned to for the past two years. During my appointments, he spends about three minutes telling me to use more of the creams prescribed. That's it. The creams do not work and cause side effects that ultimately increase the redness and itching. My insurance covered the laser surgery five years ago, but now this dermatology group is unwilling to negotiate with insurance companies for this procedure.

So, I thought that an unaffiliated clinic might be more "customer friendly." My motivation for going is partly cosmetic. (I do a lot of public speaking. Makeup is no help.) But, I'm also beginning to think that the enlarged capillaries cause some of my physical discomfort (constant itching and burning, sensation of tiny bugs crawling under my skin). I'm seeking relief from that as well as the cosmetic benefits.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio