SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blairgirl

Why would a dr. do this??

blairgirl
15 years ago

I just had the strangest experience, and I'd like to get some other thoughts on it.

In Feb. I was operated on by a dr. when my appendix ruptured. I was in the hospital for a few months. The dr. who operated on me was very nice, we got along splendidly.

On the way out of the hospital, the rehab floor had me walk downstairs instead of wheeling me (I had a huge scar on my thigh from where the infection had spread), and I had been learning how to walk, etc. all over again. By the time I made it to the car, my bad leg gave out and I fell - of course, on my bad leg, and injured my knee. My knee is still swollen and painful two months later.

Now the operating dr. has nothing to do with the injury. He had wanted me to make an appt to see him to make sure everything was going okay.

Now the weird thing: ever since I left the hospital, his office has gone out of their way to avoid letting me make an appt. I am just not GETTING this at all. I called again today, she put me on hold (again), and said, "we aren't taking any new patients." I said, how can I bet a new patient if the guy operated on me and saw me every day for two months? She said she had ASKED THE DR., and he said, no new patients!

So what am I missing here? He obviously doesn't want me to make an appt (and I guess even though I'm a "new patient," my name is in their computer, and it sounds like it's flagged.)

Any ideas about what this could be? I should just find another dr., but I have to admit, this just strikes me as completely unprofessional and idiotic, esp. since it's so obviously a lie.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville