SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_phxaz

I want strong, healthy nails please!

michelle_phxaz
14 years ago

I have always been a nail biter, and have worn acrylics for about 15 years. I decided to let them grow out, and realized I didn't have the need to bite them anymore! Yay!

However, the nail base where the acrylics were have grown out so I have un-filed nail beds that are still very soft, paper-thin and tear easily. One is especially bad because it got smashed in a door when I was little.

Also, both my thumbnail beds are lumpy. You look at them from the side and they look like a rollercoaster. I have filed them to an extent, but I don't want to file through to the nail bed and I don't want them to grow out with those thin areas, but even after being fully grown out twice now they are still growing out lumpy.

So my question is what are the best remedies for thin, brittle nails? I have seen the Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" and other products at Walgreens, are they worth it? I do keep a clear coat on my nails right now, but I want to start painting my nails. I have also heard pre-natal vitamins are good, where do I get them? I have no children!

Also, my toenails are sort of the same way, when my big toe nails grow out they tend to chip off at the corners, so I have to keep them filed down very low.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington