Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You May Be Killing Yourself!!!!!

Posted by arum (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 07 at 22:24

Calm down. That's what my husband said. I almost made myself chronically ill, from anxiety. After almost two years of spazzing out about the pain and burning all through my body, I listened to him, and now I'm doing really great. Calm down, - you may save your life. :0 Arum

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You May Be Killing Yourself!!!!!

That's Great!!!! We'll never know just how much the mind affects our general health. Keep up the good thoughts.
Aggie

o

I'm happy for you arum,
Any suggestions as to how to accomplish that? Is it just "mind over matter"? Is it learning to focus away from ourselves? Is it eating a certain way, or believing in something? I can't seem to get there from here!

o

We're all dying anyway. Might as well enjoy the trip!

o

Thanks Anggie. :) Catherinet, have you ever heard of Bio-feedback? Relaxation Techniques? It really works. You have to practice every day. Try taking in a very deep breath starting from your abdomen, then when it can't breath in any more, let the breath out very slowly, while concentrating on what you are doing. Do it about five times in a row, you will feel yourself relaxing. Do it at night, in the morning, and during the day when you feel tense. Look up relaxing techniques on a search engine, and then print out what you read and practice. I promise. You will be a new person. Arum

o

I AM killing myself, or at least trying. Can't seem to kick the nicotine habit. I am also peri-menopausal, have anxiety attacks, and am a cronic insomnic.

I've come to terms with my medical history and since my kids are now nearly adults, I am truly ready to "meet my maker". No excuses, no regrets, no remorse. Just hope that it happens quickly and painlessly (as does everyone else).

o

zoewolf, I really do know how you feel,-except for the cigs. Sometimes we may say we hate life, but we may just hate life the way we are living it,and feeling at the time. If you so some relaxation therapy, I bet you will feel differently. Also, go to a nursing home, observe closely, and you may feel like the man who cried because he had no shoes, until he met the man who had no feet. I mean, if we can walk, see, taste, hear, we are the lucky ones. Let's work with what we have. Arum

o

Been there and done that. Don't get me wrong, I am incredibly fortunate. I have it made. Two beautiful, exceptionally intelligent, career driven, daughters. Husband who makes lots and lots of money, so I have no need to work. We have a total of 5 automobiles -- two of which are Mercedes. A hugh, expensive home. Most people would kill to be in this position.

I am unfortunatley trying to hassen the death process myself to get out of it. Life sucks, and then you die. Period end.

Too many friends and way too many close family members are dead. I just miss them terribly sometimes.

o

I can help you. Email me. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here