SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotty9_gw

Positional Vertigo

Dotty9
19 years ago

Quite some time ago,I put in a post about dizziness. Have had it for a long time,and just gradually gets worse. I get so dizzy at the hairdressers when I get my shampoo,I feel like I'm going to fall down when I get out of the chair.
Just recently,I went through some very extensive tests,and I have recently been diagnosed with Positional Vertigo.

The way they explained it to me was, that there are chrystals in the inner ear,and there are 3 connecting canals attached to the inner ear. If these chrystals in the inner ear get dislodged,and separated,they float into these connecting canals,and will cause dizziness.

I have just started therapy for this, and its the weirdest thing I've ever gone through.I'll try to explain it as briefly as I can.

First,you sit on the edge of a table,they have you turn your head way to the left,and hold it there without moving it. Then,on the count of 3,the therapist has you swing your legs up on the table,then lie down quickly. She hold your head in that position for about 20 seconds,then has you sit up very quickly. The room really goes around at that point.

Then she has you do the same thing,only this time,you're lying on your back,with your head hanging over the edge. She actually shakes your head gently for about 20 seconds,then sit up quickly.

I have to do this once a week,for about 5 or 6 weeks.
Don't know if it will help or not,but its my only shot at it. The Neurologist that I went to said there is no medication for this,and they have had success with therapy for this. Of course,everyone is different,so may not work for everyone; sure hope it works for me.
Dotty

Comments (16)

Sponsored