Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Stomach pain is finally GONE!

Posted by NancyB007 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 04 at 20:43

If you're having stomach pain this might interest you. I've had sharp pain all around my stomach for about a year. (not lower in the abdomen). I read about H. Pylori and thought that was it but a blood test was negative. Finally went to a gastro for an upper endoscopy. Biopsy showed an infection in the stomach lining which they assumed WAS H. Pylori. Well, 2 weeks on Prevpac (2 antibiotics and a Previcid twice a day) and NO MORE PAIN!!! Dr. said it is very common and I probably got it as a kid (45 years ago.) One third of the world is infected with the bacteria (it spirals into the lining of the stomach-no wonder it hurt) but most people don't know they have it. Some people think they have ulcers or are popping tons of antacids, etc. with no relief. THis was discovered in the early 80's I think. Anyway, after SOOOOOOOOOOO much suffering (hurt when I did eat and more when I didn't!) now it's finally gone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Stomach pain is finally GONE!

so glad to hear it worked for you. It worked for me too and for my daughter. She was doubled up with pain on an almost daily basis. My problem was acid reflux. I would wake at night with a mouth full of stomach content and a burning throat. All better now thanks to the little purple pill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here