Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help! burning on top of feet

Posted by booklover_tchr (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 18:23

The pain is excruciating! Dr. wants me to put orthotic implants in my shoes, but didn't suggest a remedy for the pain right now. The pain is keeping me from doing just normal, everyday activites and it's driving me nuts. Any suggestions out there? TIA! Booklover

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help! burning on top of feet

Actually, orthotics can be a remedy for the burning pain in your feet, depending on the cause.

What kind of doctor did you see?

Did you get a diagnosis?

If you didn't get a diagnosis, you really need to find a doctor that can determine the cause of the burning in your feet.

Burning that you describe can have many causes.

Have you been checked for diabetes? Circulation problems in your legs?

Do you have any pain or numbness elsewhere in your legs, feet, lower spine?

Do your feet feel better with your shoes off?

Fran

o
RE: help! burning on top of feet

I get burning on top of my feet when I wear lace up shoes with some anklets. Sometimes it lasts for a couple of days afterwards. Not all socks do this so I avoid heavy or very thin ones and try not to lace up my shoes or sneakers too tightly. You do need a diagnosis. I don't think orthotics would solve problems on top of your feet. Go to a podiatrist who won't try to sell you something.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here