Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
apple cider vinegar anyone?

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 5, 13 at 17:29

A friend gave me a bottle of 'Bragg' organic raw-unfiltered apple cider vinegar (unpasteurized/not refrigerated) to take for the osteoarthritis in my hands. I take a tablespoon with each meal & after a month I can't seem to notice any difference & was wondering if anyone else has tried this with success? Xrays show in my fingers that the bones are rubbing on each other with no padding left between ... SO painful! Dr. suggested fusing the bones but then I couldn't bend my fingers I'd think ... & it is my right hand & I am right-handed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: apple cider vinegar anyone?

I have tried a few home remedies, none worked. My 3 sisters are health nuts, always looking for natural things. My Mom had trouble with swelling in her legs and ankles, which leads to congestive heart failure. My sisters were telling her to drink a quart of water an hour when she worked in the heat. They also told her to put vinegar in her drinking water. When I question the doctor about those issues he was a little unhappy to say the least. He told her, "I am giving you lasics (sp) to get rid of the water and you are replacing it. The vinegar makes you retain fluids. Drink only when you are thirsty." Of course she told me I was a tattle tale. LOL When she stopped doing those things and her legs went back to normal and she lived to 97 years of age.

o
RE: apple cider vinegar anyone?

For me, I did an elimination diet and take supplements. I got off of my medications granted my arthritis isn't osteo though. Gluten, dairy, soy, oranges and nightshades are no for me and this keeps all my inflammation at bay when I keep away from them. Two years medication free and no markers of inflammation in my bloodwork. It worked for me granted it wasn't fun to figure out all my triggers. Also, my fingers knuckles aren't as huge and my fingers even straightened out a bit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here