Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zegerid

Posted by shuffles (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 17:12

My wife has been having some gastric problems. The doctor prescribed Zegerid. This medication consists of 40 mg of omeprazole and 1,100 mg of sodium bicarbonate. Omeprazole 20 is generic and is sold over the counter. This is Prilosec. While over the counter, it is not cheap. Anyway you could take two Prilosec with a quarter teaspoon of baking soda to get the same dose as Zegerid. What do you think the price of Zegerid is? How about $480 for 30 � a months supply? But then, you could get the generic for only $410. Or, you could buy Prilosec and take two with a little baking soda � maybe $25 a month. What planet are we living on? Planet greed? Maybe if you are middle America with good health insurance, the insurance will pick up the tab. Why do the doctors go along with this scam? Am I missing something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zegerid

Has she tried taking a half tps to a tps of soda in warm water immediately after a meal. It works for me. The doctor didn't like it very much but can't be any worse than the PPI's. I am allergic to them. They cause itching on my scalp and has never gone away even though I quit the meds.

I have a very serious indigestion problem, trapped gas can hurt so bad I have to sit down or walk very slow. If I walk in the morning I don't usually have any discomfort.

o

My wife just got back from the drugstore that wanted $400+ for prescription Zegerid. The same store has Zegerid over-the-counter, $23 for 42 caps. The prescription variety is 40mg and the OTC version is 20mg. So, that works out to about $30 for the equivalent of 30 via prescription, not $400+. Please let me know when I can stop hitting my head against the wall.

o

I don't know what is in Zegerid, but if they have PPIs = Omeprazole, nexium, etc. in it they have only been tested for 14 days. That is why most come in a package with 7 or 14 pills in them. They are not meant for long term treatment. As I said before, I had an allergic reaction to them and kept taking them for 4 months, now my head itches, has sores on the scalps if I don't treat it with a steroid lotion. I lose hair where the sores are.

As rude as it sounds, belching helps to release the trapped gas, 7 up helps and soda makes you belch so they help me.

o

This is another ailment the doctors have all wrong. This video can explain it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf8YSfMEyqA
All the best.

o

Emma, the doctor called for 30 days. I'll get DW to quit after two weeks.
Doug, that guy really doesn't like medical doctors! He may have some good points, but I am less convinced than he is that he has all the answers.

o

shuffles, if she should happen to have a hiatel (sp) hernia she needs to eat small meals. I think that is the cause of my extreme pain when I walk, it's a gas trap.

o

Shuffles
I know he has no use for doctors but just maybe he is justified.
The leading cause of death in the US is doctor care.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/01/15/doctors-drugs-part-two.aspx

http://d4nations.com/webpubl/articles/number-one-cause-of-death-in-america-is-prescribed-drugs.html

http://healthimpactnews.com/2012/medical-care-is-the-number-1-cause-of-death-in-the-u-s/

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/Leading_Cause_of_Death_in_the_US.html

Doctors only make money when you are sick and you are useless when you are healthy

o

I do not believe that the leading cause of death is doctor's care. I don't care where you read it or who said it. They save lives every day and surgeons may make mistakes that kill people but I still would trust the doctors. I don't know how old you are but one of these days you may be hit by severe pain or MS, ALS or another horrible disease and you will run to those doctors you hate so bad. But then.....you may just pop your supplements and lay there and die.

The videos you see on the internet can be faked. I know of one that was faked just to blast the FBI.

o

The leading cause of death in the US is doctor care.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement actually is, doug?

If that where the case, if that actually was true, then the human race in industrialized countries would be dying off like flies.

Of course we all know that the statement is not true.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have some kind of vendetta against the medical field, doctors, nurses, aides and medicines and you have become so obsessed with it that you can't see reality.

No one has ever claimed the medicine, that doctors have all the answers, but you sure as heck don't.

If one wants to spend the time, one can find anything and everything on the web to support a particular belief.
You are certainly the perfect example of that.

In reality, one of these days, doug, you are going to need those doctors that have this vendetta against, and I hope it will not cloud your judgement and your ability to properly think and get the medical care that you will need.

Your supplements will not save you from every little thing that you could develop, every possible disease or anything else.

A simple walk outside in the woods could result in lyme disease.

A simple walk outside or working in your yard could result in the same thing.

A simple trip outside with the trash could result in being bitten by a rabid animal.

You will need medical care, doctors, medicine to be treated for those diseases. You famous supplements will not save you.

On the other hand, maybe, as EmmaR said, you will just take those supplements and die.

There are a lot of people out there like you doug, question is how many of them die because they didn't get the proper treatment and relied on bogus ideas, bogus websites, bogus treatments that failed because they where to afraid to get proper medical care, too obsessed with a vendetta against the medical community to seek out safe and proper medical care.

The cemeteries are full of people who think like that, way more of them than those that seek proper and well established medical care through the medical community.

o

If it is so ridiculous why would the medical system say so all the information comes from the medical association.
This information is coming from the AMA CDC and why would they lie

o

You can have your own beliefs but you can't have your own set of facts.
Your medical system are saying these things.
According to the CDC, medical doctors infect 2 million people each year aalone n Americaican hospitals of which 90,000 die

In a June 2010 report in the Journal of General Internal Medicine, study authors said that in looking over recordsiii that spanned from 1976 to 2006 (the most recent year available) they found that, of 62 million death certificates, almost a quarter-million deaths were coded as having occurred in a hospital setting due to medication errors.

Another issue is just how many “accidents” or “suicides” are actually the result of accidental drug overdoses. Prescription drugs are now killing far more people than illegal drugs, and while most major causes of preventable deaths are declining, those from prescription drug use are increasing �" and this is according to the CDC’s own datavi.

Archives of Internal Medicinex showed that sepsis and pneumonia caused by hospital-acquired infections killed 48,000 patients

These doctors are speaking out
Gary Null PhD, Carolyn Dean MD ND, Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD, Dorothy Smith PhD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here