SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
love2sew_gw

Need advice on Hiatal Hernia....

love2sew
15 years ago

A severe attack of my hernia landed me in the hospital for 1 week. I can say I have had my 10 yr. checkup with all tests having very good results.

I guess acid reflux goes along with a hiatus hernia, but it is the hernia giving me the most pain. I have extreme pain in my stomache and diaphram and it really hurts when I walk so I can only walk maybe 1/2 block. It also is affecting my breathing and if I walk to fast or to far, I am short of breath.

I have been on medication 2 weeks and I am strictly following the DO NOTs and SHOULD DOs right down to the apple cider vinegar. I am a bit overweight, but that will be resolved soon as I feel I am going to starve to death. It is hard to figure out what bland food to eat.

I feel it is important to do all this for at least one month to see how much the medication is helping. I am wondering any of you suffer in this way and what kind of meal plan do you do. How long does one need to be on diet and medication to heal this up, or does it ever heal? Have any of you had the operation?

When I can't lay down due to the reflux, I have read hours on this topic. Any information and advice you have to offer will certainly be appreciated.
Jean

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz