Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tailbone problem

Posted by Seamer1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 05 at 16:33

I recently hurt my tailbone while I jumped off a rock into a lake. I did not touch bottom, but a picture was taken and it looked like my legs went in at an angle, and my hind end took the blunt of the contact. I am in so much pain, I can hardly function. Do any of you know what I can do to ease the pain? I am taking Lortabs for it, but they only work for a little while. and, how long does it take to heal an injury like this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tailbone problem

I fell on my butt several years ago. My doctor did a little chiropractic maneuver on me, and it worked instantly and permanently. I had experienced numbness in both arms, and a feeling like I was carrying someone on my shoulders before I saw my dr.

o

Refrain from a sitting position. Stay vertical or horizontal until healing occurs. I had to spend 3 months that way... If you know a good chiropractor, he may be able to help you. Soft cold packs help reduce inflamation.

o

Yes, I feel your pain. I fell down hard on the wooden arm of a chair just before I started my first desk job. I was in misery for months. And even when I was pregnant the pressure made it hurt all over again. It took it years to finally go away. I didn't go to a doctor- just put up with it.

o

I finally gave up and went to a Chiropractor today. I have never been really convinced of their effectivness, but I have got to SHOUT from the mountain top, I have had some relief. I am sure it isn't fixed, but I do feel better!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here