SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Tiny little bumps on palm of hand, spreading !!!!!!

sooz
19 years ago

One of my friends, a staunch Christian Scientist, has had a problem for a number of months. He refuses to go to a doctor or a dermatologist, but whatever he is doing or praying for or reading about isn't helping at all.

He has these tiny small-sesame-seed-sized bumps on the palm of his hand--the "mounds" part of his palm near where the joint of the fingers join the palm. The bumps are not round, but a bit oval. These are spreading upwards to the undersides of the first joint of his fingers. They are in clusters and some have a tiny red (?) dot in the center, and look like they might be filled with fluid. They itch. They are hard versus soft.

I'm stumped and have suggested (just because I don't know what else to do) a poultice of mashed raw garlic applied to the area 2 to 3 times a day, or a topical application of vinegar to the affected area. His sister thought it might be a virus, and she suggested putting athlete's foot cream on it.

He used to work in the scenic industry a number of years ago, and has been exposed to chemicals, vapors, and solvents etc, so I'm not sure if this is somehow related to that or not. Still, it's puzzling to me and uncomfortable to him and it's *spreading* slowly onto his fingers (and yet he refuses to seek medical help the way I would, due to his belief system, which I respect, but after a certain time, I'd be seeking some help from western medicine! [grumble!])

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Short of bopping him on the head and dragging him to the doc, I'm open for ideas!

Smiles,

Sooz

Comment (1)

Sponsored