Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fully Favorable Social Security Hearing

Posted by leolady (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 14, 06 at 14:28

I had my hearing on April 3, and by April 18 got a letter saying the decision was fully favorable.

Why haven't I got any money yet? I can't figure it out. Is there a place online I can ask?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fully Favorable Social Security Hearing

I think it's because government checks, disability or social security, are always issued on the first of the month. It may take 60 days or more to get everything squared away. May would have been too soon. Were you having it directly deposited to your checking account? If so, you might want to check with your bank.

Who was the letter from? That would be the clue as who to contact. I would think that the Social Security Agency where you had the hearing would be the best place to start.

If this is the usual SSA retirment payment, then you might have a wait of 90 days. I know that those retiring at age 65 are warned to apply 90 days before their birthday.

o

When I started getting my diability checks,my first check came in the mail and the letter telling my about the check came about 2 weeks later. After you get your check in the mail you need to set up your direct deposit with them. The checks get deposited at different times of the month depending on the first letter in your last name. Mine is T so my check gets deposited on the third wednesday of every month. Weird,huh. Your first check should be a large one with back pay in it. Mine was 2 months worth.

o

Leolady, what happened ? Did you ever get your money?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here