Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone had MDI Implants done?

Posted by Berk (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 04 at 11:25

Hello and hoping someone has had a MDI Implant that can tell me the plus and negative of it.
I have a top plate that drives me nuts and gags me all the time and so uncomfortable with all my allergies I have.
I went to my dentist today and he told me about this MDI Implant that would eventually do away with the part that fits to the roof of your mouth.
Anyone had this done? If so please get back with me and let me know how it is doing for you.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone had MDI Implants done?

My husband just had all of his top teeth pulled and he now has an upper plate. He also gags all the time, especially every morning when he puts it in and it breaks my heart. He also gags everytime he gets through eating. He has a real bad underbite and I don't think he will be able to keep wearing this plate. They have already adjusted it about six times.

We wanted to go with dental implants but they are so expensive and insurance doesn't cover them. The first doctor he saw after we found out he was losing all his top teeth gave us a quote of $12,000, so we switched doctors. The reconstructive doctor who made his plate said he could do it for around $6,000 to $8,000. My husband is retiring next year and we can take our IRA out next summer. If is is still gagging a year from now, he will go get the dental implants.

I hope this is what you were talking about, as I have never heard of MDI? What does that stand for?

o
RE: Has anyone had MDI Implants done?

I did a search and fond this out. I am not sure who is sponsering this web site so I can not recommend it in any fashion or not, sorry more just to answer your question as to what are MDI-
cheers Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: MDI implants

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here