Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poison Ivy

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 8, 09 at 7:35

I got what I thought were mosquito bites last week on my arm. I put an antibiotic cream on them, and bandaged them so they'd heal.

After a few days, I removed the bandages yesterday, and my arm looks worse. It looks like a rash, and this morning had spread down my arm.

I'm going to call my doctor today to see what can be done.

I seem to be very sensitive to poison ivy and mosquito bites.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poison Ivy

I went years working in poison ivy without having a reaction ... and then WHAM! One year it got me, but good. And now I get it practically by looking at it. LOL!

Your doctor can prescribe a steroid that will ease the itching, that's the best thing in the world. There are OTC things too, that help with the itch ... different varieties of calamine lotion.

For me, the first week is a series of individual bumps that itch ... the second week they seem to spread until it's a big patch that itches ... by the end of that week, the bumps are bursting and seeping a clear liquid. The third week, the whole mess dries up but still looks horrid. And then going into the fourth week, it all goes awya.

Good luck to you ... it does sound like PI to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here