Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Line blinker for phone for hard-of-hearing

Posted by subrosa (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 1:10

My mother's hearing is failing but she won't consider wearing a hearing aid. She can talk on the phone without any problems. However, she is unable to hear the phone ring. Is there a device that can be installed or attached to her phone that would blink when the phone rings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Line blinker for phone for hard-of-hearing

I would suggest you contact the Canadian Hearing Society. I'm sure there is such a thing as a blinker for the phone and they can point you in the right direction. They can also tell you how to access grants for it. Health Canada has programs that help mitigate the cost of hearing aids and other medical devices so I'm sure there must be help for a blinker. The only way you'll know for sure is to contact the people who know

o
RE: Line blinker for phone for hard-of-hearing

Thanks, oilpainter. I called and was told you can buy the flashing light system at Radio Shack.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here