Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another question about a Neti pot ..

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 22:41

Hi Everyone ...... it's nice to meet you . I'm usually all over the cratfy site of the garden web - but suddenly ,I needed help with a NOSE question ! So many people told me a Neti pot was great for sinuses ... I bought one - used it with the saline solution 2 days ago ... it worked great !

I did it again tonight ... even though I could breathe well -- it wouldn't drain through my other nostril ! I held it in there - nothing moved. I blew through my one nostrill and it made bubbles like the "entrance " was closed . Both sides. It wasn't going down my throat . Do you know why ? I have a sinus problem that I think I can fix before I see a doc. Thank you for your replies !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another question about a Neti pot ..

Sounds like you might have a cyst in the side of the one that the saline won't go into. Or maybe you're just swollen from inflammation from allergies?
Some of us have very small openings from our maxillary sinuses to our nose. Sometimes it doesn't take much swelling for it to close up. You could try taking something like Sudafed and then try it again.
I had surgery to enlarge those holes and life has been much better since!
One thing that I think people misunderstand is that the saline isn't supposed to go into the sinuses. Its supposed to just wash away antigens that are in the nose, so they don't get pushed up into the sinuses.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here