SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ninapearl_gw

nerve pain after spinal surgery

Ninapearl
12 years ago

four weeks ago i had some pretty major surgery. decompression at L4-L6 and diskectomy at T11/12. prior to the surgery, i had numbness and weakness in my legs. MRI showed that the disk was so badly herniated, it had pushed my spinal cord over and put a "kink" in it. the surgeon was able to fix everything with no fusions.

i have noticed over the past 10 days or so that i am experiencing a LOT of discomfort in my lower legs and in my feet. it feels like a million little pin pricks. the numbness and weakness are pretty much gone.

i talked to my ortho surgeon's nurse yesterday and she told me my nerves are "firing" and that it's a normal part of recovery from this sort of surgery.

i'm wondering if anybody else has ever had this experience and if so, how long did this nerve pain last? i have an appointment for another check-up on the 31st and of course, will discuss this with my surgeon. i am happy to say, the pain i had prior to surgery is pretty much gone. i am only dealing with post-surgical pain now, incision pain, etc., but for the most part, i feel SOOOOO much better!!!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored