Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

what are these 'bumps' on either inside of the lower jaw...

Posted by vieja (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 19:46

I have hard 'bumps' behind the front teeth inside gum area of the lower jaw. A dentist once gave these bumps (boney)a name & said not all people have them & usually found in mouths where the teeth are crowded. Anyone know what these are called(I have forgotten the name) & anyone else have them? Just curious!

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: what are these 'bumps' on either inside of the lower jaw...

I think they're called "tori" or "tauri". I have them.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here