Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eeg ???

Posted by ysop1016 (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 15:11

A good friend is having an EEG and was told not to sleep the night before. Why is that? What is involved and how long does it take?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eeg ???

Take a look at the site I have given below. I think it will answer your questions.

Here is a link that might be useful: EEG testing

o

Thank you, Agnes. Wonder why they just don't do the EEG at night?

o

They do some of them at night if it is for a sleep study. However, for many, they want and need, a full staff available for patient preperation, administration, records, reading, etc. Not to mention, that it would require more of the building open to the public during those hours. Think of the security involved. Even the parking lot would require more care if more cars were parked there at night. Doing a general EEG at night would make it cost a bundle more.

Hospitals and medical offices are just like everywhere else. Not everyone wants to work nights.

If it were the BEST time to do one, you can be assured that somehow, a way would be found to do it then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here