Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Itching hands & fingers

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 14:34

I've been suffering with this for many years and don't know why. Its seems when the warm weather & humidity is around its worse. Mostly in the mornings when I am sleeping I wake up to this horrible itching. Even my fingertips itch. Creams, lotions, rubbing alcohol & hot water don't do a thing to help. There is nothing visible on my skin or any rash either.
Does anyone else have this kind of problem, any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Itching hands & fingers

Yep. I had horrible itching on my arms for years and dry flaking skin. Then one day years later I got some red spots on my arms. These I went to the doctor with. The doctor said I had ecsema and the itching was a symptom. He prescribed a cream and it works great. Put it on and the itching goes away with the dry skin. You can buy over the counter Ecsema cream or see your doctor. Both would be worth a try

o

When I have a prescription drug allergy, my hands a feet itch. Are you on medication?

o

I have had eczema for over 25 years. The itching and blistering seem to get worse every year. I never found out the cause, but heat and stress aggravate it. I got a cream from my doctor that dries out the blisters.

o

No, its not eczema, or any type of rash and its just my hands & fingers that itch and mostly when I am trying to sleep. Its not from meds either.

o

Ecsema is not a rash It can be associated with bumps and open sores or red spots, though but not necessarily. For years the only symptom I had was dry itchy skin and it is still the most prevalent symptom I have.

o

I used to have problems with itchy hands. They used to itch so bad it would keep me awake at night. At first they just itched, but over the years they broke out in little blisters and cracks. I went to the doctor and they would prescribe this little tube of white medicine that would help somewhat and was very expensive. It was only somewhat effective at best. Then one day I ran out of the hair cream I used. My wife had a bottle of Jergens vitamin E hand lotion. I figured that would do for hair cream, so I started using that in my hair. After about a week I discovered my hands weren't itching anymore. I tried other hand lotions and pure vitamin E, but Jergens seemed to work better than anything else. I think Jergens stopped making their vitamin E hand lotion so I now use the Ultra Healing type. Same results. That's what happened with me. Hope it works if you try it.
I also have heard that having sex twice a day will cure itches.

o

You may have a circculation problem that's causing some kind of neuropathy. If the med your doctor prescribed didn't help have him refer you to a dermatologist or a neurologist to see if you can get to the bottom of it.
Whatever it is you want to find out before you make it worse trying out all sorts of things.

o

I really think it has to do with the heat and humidity. Its been happening every night since the weather has got warmer. I think I have had this problem for about 30 yrs now so I will just live with it and not make any more Dr's richer.

o

The last line of my previous post was a joke. The rest wasn't, but if I could erase it I would. What a waste of my time.

o

Hey, someone2010! I loved your joke, and I thought your post was very interesting. I may just buy some Jergens ultra healing cream today. Thanks.

o

Hey, someone2010! I loved your joke, and I thought your post was very interesting. I may just buy some Jergens ultra healing cream today. Thanks.

o

o

I took some PPI's that made my scalp itch and took it for 4 months. It has never gone away even though I quit the meds. Some side effects do not go away. Make sure your hands are damp when you use the lotion. That will trap the moisture in instead of shutting it out. If that doesn't work and it becomes unbearable ask your doctor about using Cloebetasol. It is a form of steroid that comes in ointment, cream and liquid form and it does stop itching. In your case I think the cream would be best.

If I don't use the C. lotion my head will break out in sores and I lose hair in that spot.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 13:05

o

Itching hands, fingers along with dry, tough skin, (for me anyway) ended up being hypothyroidism. I get the same thing again when my thyroid medicine needs to be adjusted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here