SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judith_gw

Has anybody else ever had this to happen?

Judith
19 years ago

I have had this happen every once in a while for many years. I will be holding something in my hand, my right hand, and suddenly I will feel a pain in a part of my hand,usually one of my first two fingers. It will feel like it has been injured and when I look at it, it will be red and a sort of blue area. It will hurt with a stinging itch for a few minutes and then it goes away. It looks like an injury, like I had hit it against something but it just comes on me for no reason. I had it happen a couple of days ago while I was feeding my horses. This time it was the area of my palm just below my thumb. I did not get an injury, it just felt like one. It was stinging and itching and it looked like a vein was enlarged and the area around it was red like an injury. I have had this before and it seems to come up for no reason at all. It is really strange and I am wondering if I am the only one who ever gets this. Thanks.

Comments (59)

• tjerin
    15 years ago

This happens to me usually when I grip a tool or pick up some object without paying attention. I believe it is something like a broken or perhaps bruised blood vessel? I'm not sure why they happen but here are the precautions I take.

1) Wear gloves when working with tools or picking up things around the yard or garage.
    2) Pay attention to the fingers when picking up ANYTHING so as not to cause undue strain and bring on the symptom.
    3) As soon as they occur, grab an ice cube and wrap it in a light cloth and apply to the spot for several minutes. This will ease the pain and I think speeds recovery.

It would be nice to have a follow up from an M.D.... are there any out there????

A don't have high blood pressure or any other condition (that I'm aware of) that would cause these.

• bdonaldson50_juno_com
    14 years ago

I've had this happen many times over the years, usually only three or four times a year. I feel sure it's a small blood vessel that "breaks" and I agree with tjerin that an ice cube helps shrink it a little. It does make me wonder if the same thing could be happening in my brain!! I also take probiotics and fish oil capsules. Sometimes it happens for no obvious reason, but more often because I have put pressure on the area. Usually in a finger/thumb but have also had it happen in palm of hand. Most people I've asked have not had it so we are "special." If anyone learns more, please let us all know! (Just had one tonight after lifting a yard chair out of the back of my van that wasn't really all that heavy but put pressure on my thumb in JUST the right way. Owwww. That's when I decided to Google it and here I am!) After an hour it is still dark red and about the size of a dime. I know it will be gone by morning, most likely.

• Related Discussions

This ever happen to anyone else?

Q

Comments (5)
    HI Busylizzy I think that much of the cheap glass is just coated with color. So you have to be careful what you buy. On the other hand there are people here who paint glass so I am wondering if the new cheap stuff is sealed, maybe with spray on urethane, will it keep the color? I'm going to experiment with a red vase that I bought at sa. And a few cute plates that I got at the dollar store. (I'll spray half with urethane and set them out in the winter sun.) I will let you all know. I should have realized the vase wasn't colored through cuz there is a tiny spot where the color has come off. Check your lamp glass carefully. I suspect that it is solid color throughout due to the age. Maybe you could email one of the people selling them on ebay and ask if the glass color fades (is that devious.) Metal to glass. Somewhere on this forum I read to use plumbers goop for metal to glass. I haven't been able to find that thread since, but that's what I've been doing. Except for a part which had too much weight for a small amount of surface contact it has been a very strong bond. But it is more evil smelling that the ge s ii. I think most folks here have been ok with silicone ii so I'm not sure what happened with yours. I am doing a project at work which involves using silicone ii and the directions say if it overflows and drys to clean it up with xylene or tolulene. Both are bad stuff, and I don't know if one could clean up large amounts of ge s ii with xylene, but if I needed to I would try that (after razorblading most of it), since I've got some. Good luck. The lamps sound great! What ever you do, post pics! kathy
    ...See More

anybody else had trouble getting grocery waste?

Q

Comments (19)
    I asked at Wegmans and the Giant. The Giant gave me a quick no. Wegmans appeared amenable at first when they mentioned that they used to save the spoiling produce for local pig farmers. But after I showed up several times to fill out a form that noone could seem to find they lost interest in helping me. The last time I asked they gave me the story that in order to give me the spoiling produce they would need my tax id number, presumably causing me to be liable for taxes on their waste. That turned me off to Wegmans for collecting compost materials. I did place a bin outside of my local Starbucks that the manager agreed to allow to be filled with excess bags of used coffee grounds. She was very reasonable and only asked that I provide the container (a 32 gallon trash can). Unfortunately for me she also told everyone else who showed up for coffee grounds to take them from my bucket, but I still do have a chance of getting up to 6 bags of grounds at a time. That is, if others don't beat me to it. I figure, at the very least, I am stopping more coffee grounds from heading to the landfill with my bucket (since they used to only keep a max of two bags until they went straight into the dumpster), even if its not me who gets them. Cheers, Kyle
    ...See More

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Q

Comments (7)
    They look really good!!!! I just started trying to root roses a couple of years ago and I'm still trying to perfect my method. Out of curiosity, how long have them been in their pots? Tammy
    ...See More

Ladybanks and freeze damage

Q

Comments (4)
    We had a YUGE lady banks just south of DFW, TX that didn't survive the rare Snovid 2021 freeze we had with a long extended single-digit snap. I was hoping it would fare ok, but only got a few leaves on a couple branches in the spring then... nothing. We are now cutting it back and feeding/mulching it to see if it will return.
    ...See More
  • cgregore_hotmail_com
    14 years ago

I found this page by looking up "broken blood vessel" on Google and I guess this is what happened to me yesterday. It is the strangest thing. I wasn't doing anything difficult with my hand just opening the car door and all of the sudden I had this extreme burning pain in the area where my thumb attaches to my hand (the muscle area). It was so painful that I could not touch the tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger and it was extremely painful to touch that area with my other hand. An hour after the initial burning sensation my thumb/palm area was very swollen but still the same color with no change in color what-so-ever, but the area was twice as large as the same area on my other hand. I've always had a very high tolerance to pain but this was excruciating. Today the whole area (about one inch by two inches) has a very dark bruise and is still tender. What a crazy thing? I'm in my early 40's and really healthy, I think, maybe not.

• gabbiejw_hotmail_com
    13 years ago

Ive had this happen to me for 20yrs. I pick up a bottle of milk, open a door or even just using scissors and my finger might pop with quite a bit of pain! severe bruising. Im them left wondering what would happen if I slightly bang my head???
    I eat well and have never had high or low blood pressure so what can it be???

• cle_78_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I just had this happen for the first time this morning. I was doing dishes and all of a sudden had a burning pain in my left palm that felt like a large amount of needles sticking me. When I pulled my hand back and looked at it, I had a red area about 1" long with a blue looking vein sticking up in the middle of it. The pain finally went away, but a knot, a bruise and tenderness remain. Not really sure what caused this, but if anyone has any information I would love to hear it.

• peludan0_gmail_com
    12 years ago

In answer to your question, yes, I also have recently experienced similar sharp stinging pain 2 or 3 times a day for the past week. Now I have a 2-inch long enlarged blood vessel across the base of my plam below my thumb. I am male, 55 years of age, and in very good health.

Here is some interesting reading; be sure to read through to page 2.

http://www.brokenbloodvessel.net/

"How A Broken Blood Vessel Happens -- A broken blood vessel can result from a disease, which has caused the walls of the blood vessel to weaken then rupture, or trauma where a blow or sharp object causes the vessel to break. Breakage also can be caused by certain medications or specific dosages of medications. Age is sometimes a factor, as the skin becomes less flexible and bruising from bumps or falls happens more frequently. Symptoms most often appear in the form of a bruise, but can also be present in the form of a blood spot and even as a rash in certain instances. ... the vast amount of problems occur in smaller vessels, usually near the skin. They generally heal quickly and on there own and are not normally a concern except for short-term cosmetic reasons. Internal bleeding is of course potentially more dangerous, but occurs on a much less frequent basis. ..."

Here is a link that might be useful: Broken Blood Vessel

• PRO
    Sarah
    8 years ago

This happens occasionally in my hands. It lasts an hour then feels like a small bruise for a day or two. Last night a popsicle fell on my toe. Not hard. In fact it didn't at first feel injured at all. Within 30 seconds though I felt that familiar burn. Tried to ignore it as I had much to do. By supper time it was excruciating and ice only made it worse. Never had it this long. My toes, the inured one and the ones on either side are swollen and painful this morning. I have had less pain breaking my toe. I don't get the pain. It is a tiny little blood vessel.

• Jazzbeaux Kile
    7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that they had discomfort in their arm a few days after having this happen? I had this happen a few days ago and I have noticed a ache in places where the vein goes up my arm to my neck. The photos are from the day it happened. Now it's barely noticeable but still a tiny bit tender

• Mirel Saison
    7 years ago

This happened to me on the same spot of my left palm! it hurt! but i don't know what it is or cause of it. any info would be helpful.

• Manpreet Kaur
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Exactly same as shown by jazzbeaux Kile.a sudden stinging pain leaves a blue spot surrounded by red area.pain supresses in few minutes and spot in 2or3 days.i don't know the reason.

• kittymoonbeam
    6 years ago

I use arnica gel on my skin when I get a bruise and it helps speed the healing. I don't know if it would help this but it's gentle and soothing when I put it on. Seems like I bruise more easily as I get older so I try and watch out.

• ardispartyof3
    6 years ago

I am 55 have high blood pressure and am on meds for it . In pretty good health little overweight. ( praise be to God for that ) about three days ago I was on my job in a warehouse lifting up a five lb box then felt something tingling and a horrible itching on the inside of my wrist . Instantly my small tiny vein blew up five times it's size .I watched it grow , then it throbbed . After about ten min it started shrinking again , but had a horrible nasty bruise like I had been stuck by a LPN that couldn't find my vein . It still hurts and I haven't really been using it much . I'm beginning to think I have some vascular issues . Thought it was a clot . Thanks for sharing your info on this bizarre and somewhat scary phenomenon . I took pictures to show my MD .

• sunnyca_gw
    6 years ago

Happens to me all the time, on hands, palm & fingers, used to on my legs from knee to foot & now my feet near my toes, top of toes & under toes both. Legs quit as I think they scarred the veins.. Leg blood vessel happened to my dad & he had a large goose egg, & I do mean just size of an egg, nurse next door saw him hit front of his leg on the bone & ran over, told me to get ice & wrap it in towel, she said when big like that if you don't ice for quite awhile it will get bigger & can remain for rest of your life, she said they had several patients that that had happened to. But the hands & feet if you just use ice in washcloth for few minutes it will be fine in day or 2. I have low BP but migraines & the constant up & down of blood vessels ,I think is what causes it. The migraine meds may contribute to it & as I turn 75 tomorrow I notice my skin is thinner as I age & I bruise little easier anyway.

• Kimberly Giles
    5 years ago

Has anyone ever heard from a medical professional what causes this? I have had this happen to me since I was in Highschool. I'm now 60. I have asked, but no one seems to know. I would sure like some answers. I have always had really good health, great blood pressure, low cholesterol, pretty much all around great health, but this really bothers me.

• Adam King
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

This just happened to me today and found this page whilst dr googling to see what the heck happened.. so strange!

Oops Im Sam, somehow its logged me in under my husbands account oops.

• HU-68373412747
    5 years ago

I'm 16 n i fell off my skateboard n as a instinct I put my hands out to stop my fall n I got up n I felt a pain so I looked at my left palm n ig my vein was enlarged n really blue more than usual. I had no pain in my arm but now it hurts. My palm is really bruised. Kinda scared. Do I need to go to the doctors?? I was searching n the photo above is similar too what mine looks like but way worse. I wrapped it tho just in case. Help me ig. My aunt said I was fine. I dont think I am.

• sunnyca_gw
    5 years ago

If you can move your hands, wiggle your fingers, open & close your hand making a fist without much problem your hands are just sore from the fall, you bruised a blood vessel, it will heal fine on it's own, only time you need to worry is if your whole arm gets red or swollen.Dr. more than likely will tell you to rest & take it easy for few days. Might take a few ice cubes & put in Ziploc bag & crush them with hammer or rolling pin & put a light weight towel over the bruised area & then the ice pack (don't put ice directly on your skin, can cause damage from freezing, use that towel & try to keep it on about 15 minutes can put the ice bag in freezer & use couple more times later in the day. Might be sorer next couple of days & then you will start getting better, bruise will turn several colors, brownish, greenish, yellow & fade out to normal may take couple of weeks, you took a pretty good spill!

• Charmain Williams-Farrar
    5 years ago

This happened to me just the other day. I was decorating for an event and then I felt a pain in my hand right under the pointer finger. When I looked it was bluish-black with red around it. When I pressed it it hurt. Then a few hours later it was just red and the pain subsided. The next day it was completely gone. The thing is I didn't hit my hand anywhere or prick myself on anything. It's just the weirdest thing.

• sunnyca_gw
    5 years ago

Don't have to hit anything, it was a slightly broken blood vessel. Some of us get weaker blood vessels as we age. If you are young & happens often after this might go to dr. & get checked out. Normally nothing to worry about. Since you were busy decorating when it happened your mind might have been on your work & you didn't notice bumping it until you felt the pain which could have started a bit later as blood moved under your skin.

• Janet RN
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Good grief!!! Severe, disturbing, weird, discoloring, bothersome, painful, burning, atypical, chronic, puzzling, scary, worrisome, possibly serious, potentially deadly ... all this involving the integral vessels that are part of your life-sustaining circulatory system. So, where do you go for diagnosis, advice and prognosis? ... to total non-professional strangers on the internet!!!! No disrespect intended, but have you never heard of a DOCTOR!! Granted, these symptoms could be caused by relatively benign conditions, but they could also be the warning flag of serious illness that can be prevented and/or treated with proper medical care. I stumbled across this thread by accident and was stunned to see people relying upon guess-work when it comes to their health and life. The internet is a great place for advice on many topics, but for heaven's sake, take your body to a medical professional.

• Leanne Burns
    5 years ago

I’ve had this happen a few times but not this bad. I was picking up my paddle board (I didn’t bang my hand or anything) and then my hand hurt and swelled up and the veins bulged. I applied ice for a while but ended up looking like this the next day which is tender to put pressure on. I’m baffled as to why it happens!

• Kerry Fuhrmeister
    5 years ago

I have also had this happen but only around finger joints. Last night it happened on my right foot at the joint of my middle toe. It worries me because there is no reason for it. I will be talking with my dr about it.

• Cindy Kupfer
    5 years ago

This also happens to me quite frequently! And like others have said it just happens doing routine things... But yesterday I did a cartwheel on the beach and many broke at once in both hands! Ouch!!!! (I do cartwheels quite often! ) would really love to know the cause. I am 47, but it’s happened for as long as I can remember.

• HU-76692736
    5 years ago

Achenbach Syndrome! Google away.

• Cindy Kupfer
    5 years ago

wow! thanks, now I know! its a rare, benign, self limiting condition. Only annoying... whew!

• Renee
    5 years ago

wow. thanks from me as well.

it has been happening for a long time to me too--stinging, itching, bulging blood vessel, brusing in the hands and fingers and sometimes the feet too for no reason at all (or very minor "trauma" like grabbing a door knob). Was worried too if it can happen in other (deeper) places in the body and brain! I have asked doctors in the past and they have no clue.

If it is achenbach syndrome...how to make sure that is really what it is. And how to figure out what one can do about it (eg. supplements to strengthen the walls of veins?)...even if it is "self-limiting" syndrome and not a major medical issue....

• Heidi B
    5 years ago

I thought I would add this in to the poster who is an RN and recommended we all see a doctor. Well, probably most of us have already but the doctor knows nothing, at least my internist knew nothing. So, I'll ask her who I can go to that may know something that she doesn't. This is why we come here to gain some kind of knowledge where we turn for answers. I did ask my doctor about this and she looked at me puzzled and said she'd never near of this and doesn't know what it could be and don't worry about it. She brushed it off.

I am so relieved to find this. I've had this going on for the past 4 or 5 years. The first time it happened I thought it was a wasp sting because I was outside and walking in. I didn't step on a bee or anything and didn't hit my toe, etc., nothing. I bent down to scratch it since it started itching and noticed it was a little bruise. It happened about twice or three times a year. This happens either on my toes or fingers but never on my palm like I've seen the others. Just 2 days ago it happened on the inside of my ankle. I am 52, never overweight or ever have come close to, always trim, eat healthy. I've noticed however on my bloodwork my platelets are slightly low every time I get my annual blood drawn. Dr says nothing to worry about and brushed it off and said it's probably genetic. This last time my cholesterol jumped up to 240. I've always had low cholesterol, etc, again this is probably inherited from my mother. Working on getting that down. I take no meds. Always low to normal blood pressure. Anyway, I don't know if this is a warning sign to something more serious and yes it worries me even though it doesn't happen frequently.

• HU-668085106
    4 years ago

For an answer to Heidi B’s posting and many others postings here, I too have these painful stinging vessels, usually on my hands but also on my feet for many years! My Mom got them too. Does anyone in your family have them too? I had one yesterday, suddenly, below my right thumb. I felt a sharp pain then immediately it was itchy but it hurt to itch and my vessel popped up becoming very apparent. It then had a bluish tint followed the next day with a dark bruise. I still have the bruise right now! They are slow in going away too,

I am pretty sure mine is associated with my Systemic Lupus (SLE) that I was diagnosed with in 1982. The disease has caused me many dangerous hospitalizations because SLE affects my circulation with blood clotting issues in my legs, my lung and a “bleed” in my brain...all when I 27 years old! I also lost 5 pregnancies because of this clotting, circulation problem.

I could be wrong....I rarely get these swollen blood vessels anymore, this one I have now was the 1st in several years. It could be some other syndrome that is separate from my SLE. Those people below who have added pictures of their multiple instances, should keep the pics and take them to a doctor and ask what could this be?? A blood test could rule out anything serious like I have. That would be my suggestion for you the next time this occurs. Document your outbreaks always! Good luck Heidi!

The result......

• sunnyca_gw
    4 years ago

I think mine were caused by the hundreds of migraines constantly opening up & blood vessels & then taking meds to make them go back to normal & get rid of the headaches. Kind of like "how many times can you blow up a balloon before it breaks" I oticed with my legs they often broke in same place & then quit after several times(scar tissue probably) now mostly when I've stood long time like making Christmas cookies or doing lot of dishes either small break in my foot or thumb! I asked the drs long ago & they said they didn't know, probably was blood vessels going up & down so much! Now that I take Butterbur 200 mg a day(an herb) I've got the blood vessels much more stable & instead of breaking vessel couple times a week it's just mostly those times I'm doing something a lot.

• getparalegalhelp
    4 years ago

I get them too. Brushed it off the first time, then I was layed up for couple days with a pulled muscle in my back, and a couple of days after being back on my feet I got the pain in my toe, for no reason, followed by the bruising, and same time in my finger. After doing some of my own research I believe low blood platelets are the cause, but the cause of that can be numerous....so defo a trip to the dr. For me, probably a rheumatologist

Im turning 50, eat healthy, exercise, dont take any meds

• beckyjburgess
    4 years ago

I too have this happen about 6 times a year. It happens on my extremities, the palm of my hands, fingers, heel of my feet, and just yesterday, the bottom of my toe as I stepped out of the shower. Sometimes I have done something (like wringing out a washcloth) and it occurred but most of the time there's no explanation.

• HU-348744620
    4 years ago

I have had this happen to me it’s like a stinging and then your finger gets all purple it happen once in awhile the condition is called Achenbach’s sydrome it’s a benign condition.

• HU-16506714
    4 years ago

I have been experiencing spontaneous bruising in the palm of my hands and occasionally on the soles of my feet at least once a year since I was 15. I am now in my early 30s.

The first time I went to a GP he referred me to a dermatologist without any tests done but I did not go because by the time I had the appointment with the dermatologist, the bruise was gone.

10 years after and having moved to another country (of course still experiencing bruises at least once a year with varying pain levels), I went to another GP. He took blood samples and found no issues when the result came in. He then gave me a special referral to be seen by a specialist in the country's National Skin Centre. This time, I had the bruise when I got to the centre. The specialist looked at it and examined. He can not see anything wrong with it. If you press on the bruise and put pressure on it and the redness disappears, he said you should not be worried because it is only skin deep. I should be worried if when I press the bruised area, the redness in that area does not disappear, that would mean internal bleeding.

In my case he recommended no further tests. Unless I wanted to, he said they can perform a biopsy by removing flesh from the hand and do tests. I opted not to. His advice is to do pain management, like what I have been doing in the past 15+ years.

Back to how I get the bruises. In my many years of experience, I notice them appearing when I am super stressed or when I am deprived of sleep. Less so because of trauma.

Let me know if you have similar experiences.

• najla abdullah
    4 years ago

I had one burst in my left palm maybe 2 months ago, a feeling like glass was in my vien of my thumb and then it burst in my palm a small dot and then today I was smacking the bottom of a jar so I could open it and then it happened on the palm of my righgt hand, the hand that I had used to hit the bottle.

It was very scary for me

• HU-321747428
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Happens to me a lot usually at the base of my fingers, and it’s scary, cos it also happened to my mother and she ended up having a massive stroke.

• cathmacrae
    4 years ago

Oh goodness, happens to me too! So painful and scary... happened again today after a long hiatus (see pics) and I worry about a stroke or aneurysm or something terrible. What to do? Baby aspirin a day for preventative measure? I did this for a while, may try it again and see if I notice a difference. And no doctors (vascular, derm, hematologist) have any ideas - so frustrating!! And to the RN who asked us to call our docs, we have and the “I dunno” is why we’re here! ps - the bruise does not disappear when pressed like hu-165 mentioned above - now I’m worried

• sunnyca_gw
    4 years ago

My neighbor has heart problems & her specialest said don't worry about breakage in hands & feet as they are veins. It's arteries deep in your body that get the aneurysms! I had a little lump in vein going to my hand & asked her if she thought it was clot & she said she has had the same & it's nothing that can travel to the heart so not a problem herDr. said, I just checked & it's gone so must of dissolved.

• madny73
    4 years ago

I get this regularly, done some research and found this, sounds like the same thing.

Achenbach syndrome.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6070693/

• HU-962871983
    4 years ago

Ok

I am new here and what happened to me yesterday for the first time brought me to investigate the topic

was doing dinner, eat and the went to church to attend Divine Mercy novena like I do every Monday evening

as I was standing in the church and praying started to feel this intense burn on my left thumb; it was so intense that I got distracted and started look at my thumb to examine it to see if I bruised or hurt it or pinched it punctured or anything! I could not remember hurting it or bumping or anything. This intense burn lasted for about 15-20 minutes

by the time I got home the pain was gone. Today at work I remembered about the pain and I looked at my finger and voila I have a bruise now!!!

what I notice in here is a common pattern: I am a healthy 50 yrs old female with no known medical condition, never took any medication in my life for anything, eat healthy, mostly vegan, walk weekly at least 30 miles, 125 pounds and 5.7

my only fear is I have lots of strokes and massive heart attacks on my father side of family... the fact that my blood vessels look / appear fragile and thin as a hair scares me a bit. What if the same happens in my brain?

• sunnyca_gw
    4 years ago

Hu- what is happening with these painful spots with bruises is veins close to surface, not affecting deep arteries in our bodies. Doubt it's anything to worry about. Happened to me for over 40 years, migraines caused blood vessels to go up & meds brought them back down(like blowing up balloon) & I'm still fine.

• whitney L
    4 years ago

When I’ve been stressed out my palms will begin to have an UNBEARABLE itch for a few days with white blotchy circle shapes that throb. The more I scratch, the more they change shapes... after a few days Or even just the next day, my palms are bruised red and tender To touch. I noticed when I touch hot things it can trigger or irritate the irritation more. Been experiencing this for 10 years or longer. It makes me miserable with how itch my palms are at first.

• Helen Samujh
    4 years ago

Me too. Doctors are no helP. I went to an alternative practitioner an she looked up a medical book and found "Take rutin and vitamin C" to help strengthen the boold vessels. Rutin is readily available online from iHerb and eVitamins. I believe mine is a result of taking asthma medications that contain a cortisone/steroid product. Taking Rutin and Vitamin C daily over the years has reduced the occurance to about oncce in 2-3 years - reminds me to check my intake!

• Sue Papp
    4 years ago

Kerry, I also have a bruise on my foot which must be a broken blood vessel wirh no real pain

• ShirleyAnn Kauranen
    4 years ago

the original comment is what I have, out of the blue I will get this spot in my hand or finger, it hurts like I've injured it, and then it will disappear in maybe 30 mins or so, it is not a breakage nor a bruise as it does not change colour as the pictures that people have posted, it is just a stinging hurting blue spot and then gone. I may get them frequently or it maybe be months between spots

• Katia Roth
    4 years ago

I just found this page. It happened to me first time yesterday and was very painful!

• Sunny Ja
    4 years ago

Pretty much like what a lot of us have, might be red, blue, purple to almost black. It should turn yellowish & start to fade in couple of days. If it were to spread or become more painful(without hitting or bumping it) probably then would need to see a dr. Number of causes listed in answers above & often no known cause.

• Suzette Sajner_Horner
    4 years ago

This happens to me as well. I’ve asked my doctor as well - no cause for concern they say. Seems strange though.

• HU-293771880
    4 years ago

I read this thread with interest as over the last two months I have started with symptoms resulting in bruising on my hands which are painful to touch and which makes the skin feel tight on my hands. It’s almost feels like I have put my hands in a bucket of nettles.

The bruises on these pics came up last night after i constructed a chocolate fountain and had to grip and twist a plastic part. The pressure I applied was minimal but as can be seen from the pics the bruising is quite extensive and now painful. I can’t grip anything today ! I’m a 43 yr old male, fit and healthy ( I think !) who eats well, and with regular excercise, but now becoming increasingly worried about what this could be as it certainly isn’t normal . Visit to doctors is pending :-/

• Helen Samujh
    4 years ago

Has anyone tried rutin tablets and vitamin tablets taken together to strengthen the veins?

• Ali
    11 months ago

This happened to me years ago and although it’s an old thread, I wanted to comment in case it help anyone. I experienced the same symptoms as most on this thread- I went to see all kinds of specialists but when I finally went to my general doctor, he fixed me. Literally made a difference in 15 min. He is a general practitioner but also certified to do manipulations which is different than a chiropractor. He did tests to see if I may have MS or carpel tunnel. But those target specific fingers. He then made me stand up and checked my back. BOOM! I had three ribs out of place. Finally after 6+ months of my right hand tingling and bruising, I had an answer. Dislocated ribs sometimes don’t cause pain BUT if they pinch the right nerve, it can cause all the symptoms to your arm and fingers. Popped blood vessels etc. he adjusted me (again, different from a chiropractor) and within 15 min I felt relief in my arm hand and fingers. Now, anytime I feel tingling, I go see him and sure enough, my rib is out. People can displace ribs with a sneeze. Sometimes it causes pain and other times you can’t even tell. A miracle for me.

Sponsored