Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rash on old bruise spot?

Posted by sue36 (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 07 at 14:00

Anyone ever heard of this? I had blood taken at the doctor's office. They tried to take it from a visible vein on for forearm, halfway between the inside elbow and wrist. It resulted in a large, very dark purple bruise (bruise was about 1 1/2" around). They really dug around in there trying to get the blood. The first day I had the bruise it actually stuck out from the arm, that is how much blood was in there.

The bruise is 95% gone now (just a hint of green on one edge), but since Tuesday I have had a rash that covers that round area, and nowhere else. It itches like mad, and I admit I've clawed it a little.

Have you ever heard of this or know what it is? I've Googled, but can't find anything.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rash on old bruise spot?

Hi Sue,
I get itchy in areas where my tissues are healing. Maybe you had alot of blood in there, and your body is trying to remove it, and its causing the irritation?
Is it possible that you had a bandaid over that area, and you're actually having a reaction to the bandaid?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here