Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air purifer recommendations

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Thu, May 25, 06 at 11:59

We are doing some major dust making remodeling, and have lots of concrete dust in the air. Can anyone recommend a good air cleaner that has washable filters? I feel like even though I have done extensive cleaning I am still breathing in all the dust. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Air purifer recommendations

One of the best "cleaners" is a mobile evaporative cooler ... the kind that sucks air through wet pads.

It will trap the dust in the pads, and they can be washed or replaced.

o

Kenmore and Honeywell both make a good product. Make sure the air cleaner is a HEPA cleaner, not "hepa-like".

Clean or change the cleaner filters regularly, and change your A/C-heating duct filters at least monthly.

o

Thanks for the recommendations. Sorry didn't get back sooner, in the thick of it, remodeling that is.

o

I have a Hamilton Beach HEPA filter. It doesn't have washable filters but they last a while before needing replacement. I love it because it tells you what the air quality is while it's on. You can watch it go from "poor" to "excellent". Whatever you do, don't get the Ionic Breeze.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ionic Breeze Quadra Gets Bad Review

o

organic lizzie - thanks for the link and your recommendation. I will check it out.
clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here