Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Breast Prosthesis

Posted by oldcrafty (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 11:32

Does anyone know of a reasonable place to get breast prostesis? Mine are 3 1/2 years old now and for the most part are OK. I was told they have a life expectancy of 2 years . so I feel like I should start looking, just in case. I also would like to purchase a pair for swimming. The first set with a bra cost $600.00 and I can not afford that at this time. I have even looked on the net trying to find directions for making them, but have not had any luck. Bird seed and some of the other suggestions just didn't sound comfortable. The silicone are very comfortable and I have never had a problem with fit or comfort. The first time insurance helped defray the cost, this time I'm on my own. Any homemade directions would be greatly appreciated. I still work in the public and not comfortable without them for appearances. But don't have a problem without them at home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Breast Prosthesis

Hi there, birdseed sounds silly! You cant get that wet! Unless you want sprouts!

You might try joining this site. They are FAB. I went there when I had my breast reduction years ago and the women there were very supportive. There are various forums....one for breast cancer and reconstruction, one for aumentations, etc etc.

www.breasthealthonline.org

then join the appropriate forum, I bet they have some asnwers for ya :)

o
RE: Breast Prosthesis

An external breast prosthesis is an artificial breast form that can be worn after the breast has been surgically removed. There are several different types of prostheses. They may be made from silicone gel, foam, fiberfill or other materials that feel similar to natural tissue. Most are weighted so that they feel the same as the ...
[url=http://drjsalomon.com/breast augmentation miami.asp]breat augmentation miami[/url]

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here