Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Migraine, or something else?

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 10:18

The other night, I felt like my head was in a vise. I had chills and sweats. I thought it was subsiding yesterday during the day, but at night I had the same head feeling, and threw up. Not too much better today, and when I take a step, it feels like someone punched me in the chest.

I've had similar headaches before, but not the other symptoms. Anyone know what this may be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Migraine, or something else?

Take Dr. Pris's advise and don't take my advise. Call the doctor. This could be minor or it could be very serious. I certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for someone not heeding the warnings by pooh poohing your symptoms.

o

Headaches like that could be migraines or they could be lots of other things including high blood pressure. Only a Doctor can tell you for sure and this is serious enough to get on the phone immediately. Call your Doctor you need this checked out.

o

Definitely see a doctor, immediately. A sudden, severe, new type of headache should always be investigated. What if it were something like meningitis?

If you've had migraines before, then you know that the severe headache is normal, as is the nausea and throwing up, but not the rest of your symptoms. Do see the doctor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here