Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
olecranon bursitis anyone?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Sun, May 17, 09 at 9:43

About 6 weeks ago, I noticed that my left elbow hurt, if I had it resting on anything. Then I noticed it was all red. After a few days it turned yellowish....like a bruise does.
It all went away, and then continues to come back fairly often. I did alot of porch sweeping yesterday, and then I realized I had "Popeye elbow". It had swelled up about the size of a small walnut.
Anyhow.....after doing some googling, it looks like I might have olecranon bursitis. Anyone else have it, and what did you do that helped it? Unfortunately, I can't take NSAIDS.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: olecranon bursitis anyone?

If you googled olecranon bursitis, then you know that there are several possible causes. Since this problem is six or more weeks old you can't be sure you did not have a bite or something causing a break in the skin allowing bacteria to enter the area. If that is the case then you need to go the the doctor to be sure as you can not get antibioticw OTC and you will need them to clear up any infection. In any case, the doctor will probably drain the bursa which will relieve the pain and also give him fluid to test for bacteria. In other words ... go to the doctor.

o

I'm looking for someone who's had this problem.
Anyone?

o

My husband was just diagnosed with it. He has had this large lump on his elbow since April. It's been drained once and tested for bacteria (negative). He just finished a 28-day course of antibiotics for Lyme Disease. He's been taking NSAIDs, and is now trying Arnica to reduce the swelling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here