Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sinus surgery

Posted by superbee (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 04 at 9:42

Hello everyone

I wonder if anyone has had or known someone who has had sinus surgery. It looks like I might have to go for it soon and I am nervous about it. Please share your experiences if you don't mind.

Thanks much
Superbee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sinus surgery

Hi Superbee,
Not to worry. I am assuming you are having them opened up.
I had that surgery about 9 years ago. Nothing to it. The worst thing was not being able to eat anything that day. My surgery was not till 4 p.m. and by the time they got to me I had a headache from being so hungry. I went in shortly after that but I can't remember how long the surgery took. When I came out I had a nosebleed for awhile but the biggest thing was still the headache. They gave me some tylenol, the bleeding stopped and my husband brought me home around 7 o'clock. I guess I had some discomfort for a day or two. You are not allowed to blow your nose for a week. (I think it was a week) There's really nothing to worry about.
I hope it solves whatever problem you are having. For me, it didn't help much, but they warned me it probably wouldn't. I had the surgery because I was having headaches, and found out years later, it was because I was eating cheese and chocolate.
Hope this helps.
Judy

o

Hello,

I had sinus surgery two years ago. The surgery itself was a breeze. It is quite annoying to have packing in your nose for a week afterwards but not really painful. The worst thing about the whole entire surgery was having the packing taken out. But it only lasts a few minutes and I could BREATHE again! Best wishes to you. Keep us posted.

o

Thank much. I feel much better after hearing from you both. Although not being able to blow your nose for a week sounds like the height of discomfort to me!! I have my surgery scheduled for 27th and I will certainly keep you posted.

Thanks much.

Superbee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here