Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vitamins cause high blood pressure?

Posted by SolusUmbra (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 7:26

Normally my blood pressure is very good but since I tried taking a multivitamin I have gone through a horrible time of it going so high, and having strange systems. However, since I stopped taking them my blood pressure has leveled back down to normal. I have tried looking around online but I can't come up with an answer. I'm guessing I'm getting to much of something but I just can't figures it out. Does anyone else have this problem or any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vitamins cause high blood pressure?

How much 'E' is in this particular supplement? If you are sensitive to E, it could possibly be the offending ingredient in the combo. You should ask you doctor....

o

It is rare to get that type of a reaction. Ask a nutritionist about the reaction. Doctors have no training in nutrition. It would be like asking a plumper to wire your house.

o

The bottle says 30IU, 100% but I only take a half a pill a day.

o

Niacin can dilate the blood vessels which can raise blood pressure. I really would suggest going to your doctor.

o

Exactly which multi did you buy ?

What other herbal or prescribed meds do you take, that the addition of the multi might have reacted with ? Average diet ?

Where are you located and are you male or female ? If female app. age ?

o

Vitamin e can be a very serious medication, using large does has killed people. Supplements are drugs, they do good if you are low on that vitamin, but some where else in your body,that vitamin is causing harm.

o

I was taking the Alive, women's energy.

The only prescribed meds that I take are imitrex for Migraines, and my asthma inhaler.

Other herbs i take and have never had a problem with is,
Acidophilus, pycnogenol(pine bark), fever few, colts foot, and DGL. Also when needed potassium and magnesium when needed for for leg pain or migraines.

I am sad to say that I have a very poor diet, mostly made up of potatoes, meat, rice and pasta. I love vegs but am lucky to get a salad once a month, and almost never any fruit. I wish I could eat better but right now that is out of my hands. I know I am lacking in vitamins and minerals which is one reason I wanted to take a multivitamin.

I was also wondering if Vitamin C could cause any such problem, my family is strange and we can not handle much vitamin c at all, normal it makes us sick to our stomach.

I am female, age 27

o

You know, you'd do better if you could get more balance from your food. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new, but I don't quite understand why no produce and why it wouldn't be in your control. But please, I'm not trying to get too personal.

I have to disagree about doctors not knowing nutrition, my own is near genius - but I don't think you need a doctor to tell you your diet isn't adequate right now.

There is so much in the product you name I couldn't begin to guess at what you might be sensitive to

Whole Food Energizer
Vitamin & Mineral
Fruits, Veggies, Green Foods, Antioxidants, Ensymes, Mushrooms, Amino Acids, Herbs, Lutein & More!
#1 Mega Nutrient
Optimized for Women
The most potent & complete multi-vitamin for women
#1 Energy Multi with more energizing nutrients from more natural sources than other supplements
25 Vitamins & Minerals
24 Fruits & Vegetables
18 Amino Acids
12 Digestive Enzymes
14 Green Foods
12 Mushrooms (Organic)
40+ Antioxidant Sources
Whole Body Nourishment for Bones, Skin, Muscles, Joints, Digestion, Immunity, Heart, Vision, Nerves, Cellular Energy and Metabolism
Extra Nutrients for Womens Health
Bones: extra Vitamin D (1,000 IU) and Vitamin K, plus plant-based Calcium and Magnesium
Breast Health: extra Vitamin D plus Flax Lignans
Hair/Skin/Nails: extra Biotin plus Horsetail Grass, MSM and Tru-OPCs™
Reproductive: extra Folic Acid and Vitamin B6
Urinary Tract: CranRx™ anti-adherence Cranberry
Superior Absorption Rapid Disintegration Tablets
Natural, Vegetarian Formula
No Yeast, Milk, Lactose or Sugar

I'll just end with I can tolerate Vit C from foods, tablet form is hard on my stomach too and I don't take it in supplement form.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here