SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelheaven

Appendicitis

squirrelheaven
15 years ago

Hi all, I've never been to this forum but would like some opinions and experiences with quite severe stomach pain I've been having. I've been uncomfortable for maybe a week. On Saturday, I doubled up in sharp pain from the top of my belly to the bottom. It was severe all day, sharp, maybe cramping. Sunday it was more of a very very tender, sore belly. My entire stomach -- top, bottom, left, right, middle. I waited until Mon a.m. to contact my doctor's office when it opened, needing to rule out appendicitis. I really didn't want to go to the ER and felt I'd get more/better treatment with my regular physician's office, although I knew that was probably a pretty stupid thing to do. (I am nursing a kitty here who is very fragile, so I really can't leave him.) The nurse was able to see me at noon and I was screened when I called in, and of course there was the usual concern about the appendix (no waiting). My desriptions didn't really sound like the app to their office, but when the nurse who saw me pushed on my belly she said -- ah, yes, looks like appendicitis. So I was ordered some blood tests and US studies.

What baffles me is -- the blood tests were ordered as routine, not stat, and I still don't have the results. The US is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Hmmm. There I was afraid they would be whisking me off to the operating room and I'd be stuck in the hospital for a couple nights.

Well, things are subsiding, as I also expected, so I'm doing ok, but my understanding has always been that a hot appendix is always a serious condition warranting immediate attention. No?

Anyone or nurses that can explain this to me? It's a bit confusing.

TIA.

Comments (3)

Sponsored