SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

Rage

sameboat
12 years ago

Does anyone have any advice for someone who has inner feelings of rage? I don't know how to explain how I feel. It's just this feeling of inadequacy of sorts I guess. Or laziness. I don't want anyone at my door because I don't want to have to be "on".

My teenager is not doing well in 7th grade, I am not getting along with family and some of my in-laws, I am sick of dealing with teachers and I also don't want to have to deal with other kids' parents. I know this sounds crazy. I'm a good person, really. But lately I've been feeling so resentful of everything around me I can't stand it. I don't want to hurt myself and I will not hurt anybody. It's not that kind of rage. I guess I just don't want to be bothered by anybody but then I feel lonely. Then I get resentful and it's my own fault!

My relationship with my husband is fine and I can express how I feel to him. It could be my hormones. I had a friend over the other day and we laughed our silly heads off. But I swore a lot and got a lot of bad words out. She thinks it might be hormonal. I don't know. It doesn't seem to be passing. I can hide it when I have to. I looked up some articles online but they all pertained to teenagers. I'm in my forties!

I can function. I love crafty projects. I'm currently looking for work with no success, unfortunately, so trying to make the best of being at home. I can get a meal on the table and get laundry done so that's something. lol

Does anyone know of a good web site that might give me some coping skills or advice? I can't afford therapy every week and I don't want meds (I'm allergic to so many meds, I try to stay off even my asthma meds).

I think if I understood why I am feeling this way that I could cope better.

I would love some advice or if someone wanted to share if they're feeling the same way.

Comments (15)

Sponsored