Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
itching ankles

Posted by Zeke (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 05 at 21:45

i have had this for quite some time
as i have to wear rubber mud boots quite a bit in my occupation ,and whenever my feet and ankles get warm
i end up with both of my ankles itching and it continues until i start scratching then i keep on until i have scratched skin off .
is there something that i can put on my ankles to keep from scratching myself so ??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: itching ankles

I hoped someone would have come up with an answer for you by now.

You could, of course, use over the counter cortisone creams, but I don't know if you want to go down that road. I guess I would at least try it and see how it works. Maybe you wouldn't have to use it very often. Have you tried finding breathable boots and socks? They are really expensive but might solve your problem.

o

Is it only when you wear the certain boots? You could have an allergy, and if you do, it could get worse with prolonged exposure. Latex allergies are fairly common in health care personell due to the frequent exposure they get. They can become quite serious.

o

no its not just when i wear the rubber boots
it seems to occur whenever my feet start sweating
that the itching starts ,i have wore lace boots
when i was younger and i had a ongoing bout of continual itching so now i wear only shoes that dont go above my ankles , i have done some trimming on my boots at work
and that seems to help .
i have tried countless cremes and powder, and none were
much good at preventing the itch from starting up .
thanks for the advice ,
Zeke

o

Zeke,

Someone posted on here a while back about using vinegar to control itching. I couldn't find the post, so I did a search: Vinegar for itching. It returned a lot of information. See if this helps.

GG

o

You might consider if you have a yeast infection that is heat activated. My father-in-law had that problem. It was a major pain to get rid of.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here