Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back to leg cramps

Posted by deb_pa (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 17, 10 at 20:43

The last few years I was getting horrible leg cramps, calfs and toes curling, really nasty. I ate the bananas, that didn't help. Then one night on Discovery Health channel I heard a fellow describing my cramps. His diagnosis was his body made too much iron. Wow! I remembered from way back my water was said to have iron in it. I bought a water filter pitcher and use that for drinking and cooking. No more leg cramps! Hope this helps someone out there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back to leg cramps

Have you been checked for hemachromatosis (sp?) I worked with a man with this who had to have the iron in his blood monitored. If the iron levels got too high he would go to the blood bank and have from one to however many pints drawn. Left untreated there can be severe liver damage from the iron levels in the liver. You really do need to rule this out before choosing to ignore it for lack of symptoms now.

o
RE: Back to leg cramps

I do get full blood workup twice a year for prescriptions I am on. Last one was last week and all was good. If I get busy and forget to make up the Brita water for 3 or 4 days the cramps start slowly coming back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here