Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Over the counter medicine

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 15, 04 at 20:02

Does anyone know where I could go on the web to find what vitamin or medicine is good for. An example of what I mean is like the previous thread on joint supplement. Glucosamine is good for joint pain. I would like to find something for lowering cholestrerol and blood pressure. Thanks for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Over the counter medicine

Consumer lab is great. You have to pay a small annual fee (because they don't take advertising I guess) but it's pretty interesting! Suprising what highly advertsied expensive brands are not all they are claimed to be, what store brands are fine, and what store brands are actually the expensive brands repackaged.

I was a subscriber, but it's been a while. Without paying you can get quite a bit of information though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Consumerlab

o
RE: Over the counter medicine

You can do a search, typing in something like lowering high blood pressure naturally, and come up with lots of information. You would have to decide which tip might make sense for you though....

And, it's important that you take your prescribed medication and stay under your doctors care while trying to lower your pressure to a safe level. I've missed the family predisposition for high blood pressure, my sister has just recently begun to deal with it. My younger brother was able to stop his med, with his doctor's approval, by losing weight and beginning a strict excercise routine....in fact, he hired a trainer. He still stays in close touch with his doctor, and found when his life became even busier than usual and he had less time to go to the gym, it went up again. He's now taking the meds and working towards being able to stop again soon....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here