Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vegetarians Less Healthy, Lower Quality Of Life Than Meat-Eaters

Posted by konrad___far_north (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 19:19

New study from the Medical University of Graz in Austria

Here is a link that might be useful: Study: Vegetarians Less Healthy, Lower Quality Of Life Than Meat-Eaters

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vegetarians Less Healthy, Lower Quality Of Life Than Meat-Eat

I cannot imagine putting dead animals in my mouth. Ewwwwwwwww ! And gravy is cooked BLOOD. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !

o

I am one of those people who really doesnt agree with vegan/vegatarian lifestyle.... I am not defending it when I say this, but most of the problems are people listening to sites online.... Basically bias unreliable sources for their information. All with the exception of 2 or three I know regularly go to their dr to check mineral/vitamin levels to make sure they arent missing anything.....

o

I have always thought people who did not eat meat would not be as healthy or live as long as meat eaters. I think each generation will get weaker and weaker. I don't have any proof of that it's just my opinion.

o

Whereas the multiple well publicized sets of findings of various medical doctors who advocate plant-based diets ARE based on facts.

Start with Campbell, The China Study and then get back to us on how wonderful meat and dairy is for the body.

o

The human being is an omnivore,..but then not all of us can eat meat,..just like some of us are allergic to other things, like milk, bread etc.

Nothing new,
it was said some years ago from Billy, see link... vegetarianism can be more harmful to human beings than average amount of smoking,....

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetarianism

o

Vegetarianism is more a political statement than a health statement. The average vegan has more plugged arteries than none vegan that was said by a doctor who did a lot of autopsies. The longest living people on earth are meat eaters. A vegan diet might be OK if you do a lot of supplementing.

o

It is easy to prove almost anything by anybody in any study. They are pointing at lifestyle differences between the two groups, but then saying the difference in their health outcome is due to their vegetarian vs meat diet.

I think the title of the news article is misleading. The study is comparing the type of people who are vegetarians vs non-vegetarians. More affluent, minimal smoking and alcohol consumption, does not trust the health system. It also does not take into account whether these people switched to a vegetarian diet because they thought it would help with their existing health problems.

They are not comparing effects of different diet on a controlled population with similar conditions. So this study does not compare a vegetarian diet vs mixed diet.
It's comparing the typical vegetarian in that country vs non-vegetarians. How their habits differ and affect their health.

o

What happened to live and let live and letting people make their own choices? If you are a vegan, fine, if you eat meat, fine.
What ISN'T fine is for people in one camp to strut around and point fingers and lecture the other camp.

o

I live and let live also. When I state my opinion I am not passing judgement on anyone.

o

Just information, don't believe everything what anyone say's.
Nothing wrong to study some of these topics.
At the end of day we all have choices,..you be the judge!

o

Start with Campbell, The China Study and then get back to us on how wonderful meat and dairy is for the body.

It is obvious this person has never been in China so how could they do the study.
Any market in China is filled with meats rats,cats,dog, cows, bats, horses, every kind of meat that you could find. Even every thing out of the ocean too also a lot of insects.

o

Doug they eat all of that because without it they would starve. The country is so over populated they were at one time limited to the number of children they could have. We should never judge people, we have not walked in their shoes.

o

I am not judging anyone I simple pointed out that a study who tried to convince every one that Chinese eat only vegetables.
Was not true.

o

I can't comment on the China study because I haven't studied it because I don't give a hoot,.. I know some people who swear by it, live by it,..scary!

My wife is from China and I traveled China,..no one is starving,..I was in aw, how modern everything is, they can export tons of foods, even in Germany you can buy Apples grown in China,..the famous Mandarin's been exported for decades!

Heard this about 20 years ago, ..Chinese eat everything what has legs,..except tables.

They eat everything what has wings,..except airplanes.

If the China study was all that good,..why then their live expectancy ranks at about one hundred place,...12 years behind!

o

Did you travel to the country and the slum areas or just the big cities. Do they have social service there to help the poor and starving.

o

We went out to the countryside,...visited small rice paddy fields farms etc...all looked good. If someone has no work they'll have to seek work in then city,...this also happens in US & Canada.
Most of the young will care for the old at home, they have good family ties which is good, here, it's all sterile and you're alone in a nursing home! In China, major cities, [lots]..they have good modern hospitals and no waiting list!

o

At least, China has came to grip early,.. they curbed the population with one child for many years,..now it's little relaxed, but not to the extend as the rest of the world, more then 3 child per family in this day and age with our overpopulated earth is absolutely irresponsible family planing!

o

They care for their old because they have many family members to help or have no other options.

o

They used to have many,..not anymore coming with one child policy.

o

Billy Meier said it long time ago, question and answer.

Sept. 23, 2012
Keithj

Hi Billy, in the contact reports there is mention of the dangers of vegetarianism. Such as is more dangerous than smoking and also there are certain vitamins and/or minerals that are needed by the body in meat that aren't in any other food source. If this is true, then how can all the vegetarians/vegans, etc live so long and why do they claim to feel more healthy when not eating meat?

Thanks, Keith Jesso

A long-term lack of certain vitamins and minerals etc. will lead to anatomical/physical and consciousness-based degeneration which will be transferred to one’s offspring. Many vegetarians are becoming weak in their thinking, which means that they cannot or just partially think in a positive-neutral way. They cannot cope with the problems of everyday life or bad news etc. as before. In German it is said that they are becoming more and more “verweichlicht” (weak).
Non-vegetarian can also feel more healthy and stronger when they are eating meat. It’s just a matter of thinking (attitude).

(Note by CF: Of course not all vegetarians are equally affected depending on their genetic “structure” (inheritance). And the most dangerous effects can be found in children when they are lacking the necessary components in their food to develop a healthy brain and body.
When those vegetarians, who have deliberately decided to become a vegetarian [and not just because they have no access to meat etc.], feel more healthy, then this may have to do with their thinking attitude to be better than meat-eaters, or to be a friend of animals, etc. etc. It’s kind of a placebo effect.
From all of this it may not be concluded that eating great masses of meat is healthy or preferable for one’s consciousness-based development; quite to the contrary.)

Source below

Here is a link that might be useful: Questions to Billy - Answered

o

And...

Hello Billy,

I understand human consumption of cow milk is a somewhat controversial subject and might be a sensitive topic for the people of cheese-loving Switzerland. However, do you judge it to be child abuse for parents to withhold meat and dairy products from their children, when the budget for food allows otherwise? I am meaning in the sense of the parents enforcing strict vegetarianism on the whole family.

Best wishes to you and your family.

If parents themselves decide to eat no meat and dairy products it is their own decision and their own responsibility.
Actually it is important for the healthy development of children (brain, thinking, etc.) that they include meat in their meals. Regarding dairy products, especially cow milk: Milk is less healthy than the advertisements of the dairy industry are claiming. Cow milk quite often disagrees with many people (including children).

o

Since there are so many types of Vegetarians it is hard to talk about what caused them to be healthy. From some of the comments here, several think that being Vegetarian means no animal products. No animal products is Vegan a different more stringent type of Vegetarianism.

Vegetarian can mean anything from no red meat to the Vegan type.

o

For cripes sakes!! This study is an AUSTRIAN study done by AUSTRIANS with AUSTRIANS.

Their meat and dairy laws are much more restricted than the US. They don't use all the antibiotics, bones, sick animals..etc, etc. etc that are unleased for US consumption.

Have you ever had cheese from a cow's milk that was properly fed and grazed? A cheese without stabilizers,
fillers?

NO COMPARISON to what you get here in the US!!

So, it's not surprising that THEY found healthier meat eaters than comparable studies in the US.

o

This reminds of the US Veterinarian show on TV...the incredible Dr. something, a great Dr. Dutch man. Some of these farms he goes is JUST appalling and would be hard to find anywhere in Europe, no need to pump as much antibiotic in a clean uncrowded environment. No wonder we're getting resistant to antibiotic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here