Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
seeing a rheumatologist about fibro

Posted by devorah (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 17, 06 at 17:15

I have had fibromyalgia for decades, but have finally left my HMO where the only advice I got was to take ibuprofen and grit my teeth. I have my first visit with a rheumatologist on Thursday. Is there anything special I should ask that you can think of? I would like some pain relief, but not at the cost of brain fog or big weight gain. Do you know of anything that would help me to ascertain whether this Dr. really knows anything about or is sincerely interested in fibro?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: seeing a rheumatologist about fibro

I'll answer my own question just to get it bumped down and give something else a chance.

I didn't really get a chance to ask questions. The doctor said she wouldn't know anything until she gets the blood tests back. She did confirm a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, and she had me do some physical maneuvers to rule out some other sources of problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here