Return to the Health Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about retaining fluid

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 08 at 15:23

Hi all,
Has anyone else ever retained fluid, but just in their abdominal area? I'm 58 and haven't had a period in 3 years, but I'm sure my hormones are still torturing me. I'm trying to figure out if this bloating I'm having, and inability to lose weight, even though dieting, is because I'm retaining water. I have no swelling in my hands or ankles. It just seems to be in my abdomen. Anyone else experience this? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about retaining fluid

bloating that only occurs in the abdomen is often a sign that you have become allergic to something. Try abstaining from wheat and dairy for 3 days and see if that makes a difference.

o
RE: Question about retaining fluid

Are you on any meds? Some Blood pressure meds will make you retain water, so will Lipitor. Check with your Dr. and changes meds if needed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Health Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here